Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Healing Hands

Monday, November 28, 2:15 pm … the packing and boxing will come to a halt.  What could possibly cause one to halt this process in the middle of a perfectly good packing day? … A one hour surprise massage from my hubby!  No, he is not the one providing the services.  However, after verifying with me that this was indeed the perfect surprise, he scheduled it, worked out the details and requested to eat out for supper!  Anticipating this gift of healing hands working out my tense muscles, has made me ponder the multitude of “Healing Hands” we’ve experienced over these precious last days in Akron.  The gentle touch of each of these hands is a sweet reminder of how much Jesus loves us and cares about the details of our lives.

Hands holding us as we pray, hands that rub my tense shoulders, hands to wipe the tears away, hands that hold me as my eyes adjust to daylight, hands that mix the special ingredient in the 20 pounds of Thanksgiving potatoes, hands that hold me a little longer as we cry, hands that skillfully turn the wheel of a Big Rig completing the boys bucket list, hands that shared a cup of coffee and early morning girl time, hands that washed our windows and curtains, scrubbed our ceiling fans, washed our dishes, moved our furniture and cleaned our walls, hands that shared warm Stroopies and Ice cream on a cold blustery day, a Doctors skillful hands that are also hands of a friend, hands that offered their vehicle to use since ours are sold, hands that organized and made our drop-in extra special, hands that send an encouraging word and stop by for a brief visit, loving hands that tremble with age, newborn hands that grip my finger as we celebrate her birth, all the hands that extracted a tooth, hands that prepared delicious meals for us, hands that touch up our paint, hands that hug the boys a bit longer than they desire, hands that skillfully instruct the boys in gun safety, hands that capture the memories behind the camera,  … “Mom, why are you crying?” … “I’m thinking about all the hands that hug me as we say good bye."

Praises
-Our host family situation changed, we will live at the Vida220 base … God always provides
-We will have less than 18 pieces of luggage
-Multiple Thanksgiving celebrations and lots of delicious turkey
-Next blog post will be in Costa Rica

Prayers
-Daryl’s hip pain
-Areas of Costa Rica affected by Hurricane Otto
-That everything finds a home in a box … a.k.a that we don’t forget anything!
-Healing for Adam’s fever and cold
-That our heart, soul & mind can ... Be still and know that He is God
-WE FLY DECEMBER 1st at 8:50a.m.

7 comments:

  1. Continued prayers for you and you family! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck my dear friend ,praying for you and your family.
    Hope you have a great time on my country.
    Love you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you all with excitement for your adventures ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for keeping us updated. Praying for you and your family. Just wondering if Daryl has good supportive shoes? Might help with hip as well as chiropractor adjustment. Praying for healing for Adam too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think. væren

    ReplyDelete