Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Ants, Ash, Agriculture and Anna

Transition ... we've traded the mud, dirt and wind, refreshing mountain stream, climbing trees, cool evenings and beautiful camp setting of our Base in San Josecito for City life in Heredia! We're now surrounded by tile floors, warm showers, gated houses, warmer weather, noisy streets and city life offering everything at our convenience.  This new transition continues to call us closer to our Solid Rock on which we stand.

Farmers Market Bounty
In the last 36 hours we've discovered how much ANTS like our kitchen, ASH covered tile floors are fun to slide on (effects of an erupting volcano for the last 4 months), AGRICULTURE in abundance at the Saturday morning Farmers Market and ... ANNA, a sweet reminder that my actions and countenance do speak louder than words.  She stopped me on the street and asked, "Are all 4 of these boys yours? ...(yes) What a blessing from God (absolutely)! ... Are you a Christian, (yes) I can tell! ... God bless you in your work for Him (and God bless you)!" It was a sweet reminder of Father's affection for me.

This morning I awoke feeling lonely ... not for lack of 'stuff' surrounding me and certainly not for lack of the boys needing my attention. I miss Jessica's laughter, Margot's stories and conversation, Adam and Dylan's boyish banter and the students affection and friendship. I feel very secluded in the bustling city and long for connection. In the midst of this transition, my soul is secure in the sweet peace of being in the center of God's will ... However, I long for Jesus in the flesh. This morning as Daryl and I shared coffee with Jesus this song was our declaration ... Good To Me by Craig Musseau.

I cry out for your hand of mercy to heal me. I am weak; I need your love to free me.
O Lord, my rock, my strength in weakness, come rescue me, O Lord. (Repeat)
You are my hope; your promise never fails me. And my desire is to follow you forever.
For you are good, for you are good, for you are good to me.
For you are good, for you are good, for you are good to me.

Life in the City 
(This week, Life at the base transitioned to Life in the City)
Our week started with a day at La Cuenca doing a Kids Club, praying for people and playing futbol, saying good bye to the work team from Indiana and sending our Vida220 students to their outreach locations.
Let the City life commence! Grocery shopping at Pali and Mas por Menos ... didn't know Tomato soup comes in powder form! Wednesday 1/2 price meat specials, El Lugar (Home Depot), Kentucky Fried Chicken, Cosechas and Mus Mani (Fruit smoothie and bread store) right next to each other and just up the street from our house, A day of exploring the city, farmers market, central parks and people to interact with, warm, dry heat, family movie night, hanging my wash outside, inside my house, loving our outdoor living room, walking to language school, surrounded by neighbors that we don't see due to gated houses and high walls, and ... no roosters to wake us at 5:00 a.m.!


Praises
New Base http://vidanetonline.org/dream-center
Psalm 84 and celebrating God's goodness in church this morning
Warm showers and Fresh fruit
Mama made rice and beans (does not compare to Margot's!)
Health
Rosario to clean our house
Ligia to tutor the boys in Spanish
Daryl's ability to drive and find his way around these city streets
A gift of Netflix
Phoebe ... we're cat sitting!

Prayers
Electrician for the New Base
School starts tomorrow: Daryl, language study and Home school for the boys
Visiting churches and hearing God's choice for us
Wisdom on purchasing a vehicle: if, when and what
For our 4 Vida220 teams on outreach
Connections for the boys
Businesses to partner with Vidanet for the New Base  http://vidanetonline.org/sites/default/files/users/43/corporateincentive.pdf
**How can we pray for you?**

Making friends in La Cuenca

Futbol in La Cuenca

Crusin' in "The Egg" 

Fresh coconut milk

Green Dragon of Costa Rica

Lunch anyone? 

Our Front door, more to come ...

No comments:

Post a Comment