Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, April 30, 2017

He Never Stops

surrounded by friends!
I'm learning about writing a letter in school so Mom is making me write it in the BLOG!

Dear Friends,
        The thing that I like down here in Costa Rica is the fried chicken. The thing I do not like down here is that we have to speak Spanish!  I would like to tell you all the fun and new things I got to do here.  One day at the new Base, I helped the Electrician and he let me use his extra pieces and he taught me how to weld, IT WAS AWESOME! I get to play drums for worship at our new church. I'm trying to learn how to play guitar.  I decided to get baptized by pastor Pablo in the creek at the old base.  (Mom says I have to tell you what this means to me...) It means that I have a new life in God and God has taken all that old junk and sin out of my life!  I've been helping Mom in the kitchen  A LOT! She likes to let me bake yummy desserts and help her make meals, but not breakfast cause that's her alone time.  I was the first one in my family to go to the dentist here because I had a filling fall out. Now she says I can't eat chewy candy or gum.  Mom is happy about this but I'M NOT! I just learned about my new favorite show ... The Great British Baking Show.  I like it because I like to speak British and I'm really good at it and I like to cook and bake!
       My favorite places we visited are: Pollo Mino (Fried chicken shop), Market and shopping with Mom, Ojo de Agua (swimming), Jaco Beach, Poas' the Volcano, Swimming in a Volcanic Crater in Guatemala, National Children Museum.
       Food that I like: Rice, refried beans, fried chicken, pizza, fried platino, fruit smoothies Mom makes for lunch, cheesy bread from the bread store, and home made tortillas. Food I don't like: Gallo Pinto, avocado, water apples.
      What my normal day looks like: I wake up, I eat breakfast, I play my kindle for 1/2 hour, then I do school, I play car mat with Adam, then I do spelling words and Math, then I eat lunch, then I usually watch a movie or my favorite TV show on Netflix, then I might play car mat again or build legos, we eat dinner, have family time and then we go to bed.  Two afternoons a week I have to study Spanish at Ligia's house which I sort of like because she gives us snacks!
      I miss all my friends back home and sometimes I cry about it because they were the best days of my life.  But, I'm thankful that God brought us here because I made new friends but I really miss my normal life back home. Mom said I should think about a verse to share.  This is one of the verses Mom and I memorized while walking to school last year.  Isaiah 30:21 "This is the way, walk in it!"  I am trying to walk in God's light and never turn away so I don't sink into sin.
                                                                          Love,
                                                                          Jedidiah

this smile melts my heart ...
photo credit, Anita Salas
*And there you have it ... a narrative from my tenderhearted, 9 year old.  Parenting him keeps me humble ... he broke the mold ... life is too short and has to many adventures to sit still for a second ... explorer at heart ... forever friend ... he knows no stranger ... he mourns with those who mourn ... his heart has a constant song ... he pushes the boundaries and charters a new course! Jedidiah Lynn Hoover, I love you just because ... I'm so proud to be your Mama.
   


Mom, she speaks English!

Just like Pop-pop ...
welder, inventor, needs a challenge

















Life in the City ...
Johnny Rockets ... Burgers n Fries
Celebrating Daryl (and Delynn's) life with good friends, good food and tears! We saw The Shack (thus, the tears) at a VIP movie theater: leather recliners, menu service and almost all the comforts of home.  It was a much needed night out for Daryl and I ... so thankful for our friends The Gordley's who watched our boys and for Micah having everyone asleep in bed till we got home! ... We had another full week with lots to get done at the new Base: electric, water, kitchen, beds, painting, roof repair ... we continue to thank God for this blessing! ... Daryl is working there every day, he even chose to help last Saturday on his birthday ... Micah and Jedidiah took a break from school to spend a few work days with Dad ... we had our first dentist visit, Jedidiah lost a filling ... we've had many hot days and daily rain showers ... thankful for buckets and towels! ... said good bye to William, our upstairs tenant ... Danced the dance of celebration with all Heaven when a new Mom at El Nido gave her life to God as she asked Jesus to come and take the heavy burden she is carrying http://elnidocr.blogspot.com... my heart is full ... We continue to seek ways to share God's love with the world around us ...

Raising Obedience in our hearts, learning from the boys, growing in God's grace ...

Prayer
Strength and health these next weeks
We have a lot of work ahead of us to get the new Base ready 
House praying for favor
Vehicle ... still looking

Praise
A sweet church fellowship
Communing with Father
Joy and peace in our hearts ... especially the boys!
Thanking God for another year of life for my sweet Hubby
New life at El Nido
Little by little, day by day ... we're learning Spanish and the work is getting done!

Happy birthday to the handsome Gringo ...
Sticky buns to share

American Snacks ... Heredia Jersey

Celebrating Daddy! ... Adam didn't want to wake up
Sore muscles ... long days ... satisfaction ...
Micah hard at work

What to you do when a huge tree falls on your gate? ...
cut it into boards to make bunk beds!
Adam's job ... Patient Samuel

Go Heredia!


Birds eye view

20 ft trench Daryl dug on his B'day ... 

This little man ... he melts Mama's heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment