Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Monday, May 22, 2017

Sabbath

Sabbath rest ... when we cease from pursuing our material goals for one day ...
Sabbath meal ... homemade Stromboli
a day of peace and solitude when one chooses to stop, rest and restore ones soul with life giving moments ... perspectives are brought back into order, ones mind is renewed to think clearly, 'favorites' are chosen and sleep is often a sweet reward. Sabbath is a day of being intentional to be unintentional about ones 'to do' list. I absolutely love these days ... it is truly my hearts desire to engage in this gift from Father.  However, I am not the best participant in these chosen days.  While the rest of the family enjoys their quiet time activity, I have a hard time not taking advantage of the opportunity to peacefully get things done. And then ... light bulb moment ... to retain my sanity, I put myself in a 'time out', close the bedroom door and call it Sabbath rest! How does one find rest in the midst of the chaos of raising 4 Mighty Men? 
I am a work in progress ... He tenderly calls me to come away and rest ... I am my Beloved's and He is mine. 

Sabbath Breakfast date
Saturday was to be a sort of Sabbath rest for our family after another busy work week.  7:30 wake up call from our youngest two was not how I wanted our Sabbath to start!  As I laid there silently beckoning my body to rise and dreaming of the moments when I could crawl back under the covers, I whispered ... "Dear, lets sneak out for a breakfast date before we walk to market!"  With renewed vision and the promise of precious alone time with my hubby, I was excited to wake up for our day of rest!  We left a note for Micah to make pancakes, planted our two early risers in front of the T.V., closed the door and walked out into the glorious sunshine! 

Father commands us to "aprovechar" (some things just sound better in Spanish) "take advantage of" these days of rest ... it's His desire for us, He gave us the example and He has plans and purposes to prosper us in these days of Sabbath! Psalm 84:10 Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere ... How do you spend your Sabbath? 

Praises
-We bought a vehicle!  A "small" 12 passenger van the boys tenderly named, "Olaf"
Meet Olaf ...
-Opportunity to reintroduce Jairo to Jesus
-Health
-Safety from Lightening strikes, working with power tools and driving through lots of rain
-"Larry, Moe and Curly" dedicated to restoring our Koinonia room ... the perfect place for community and fellowship with the Students!

Prayers
-A house closer to the new Base
-Determination and dedication for the boys to finish up the school year
-Inspirational family nights
-Obedience to Sabbath rest 
*How can we pray for you?*

Life at the Base ... 
Adam and Dylan ... stick in hand ...
countless hours of play!

One coat of sealer, 2 coats of stain, 2 coats of varnish ...
 150+ boards!

Power washing ... note to self,
don't shoot yourself in the foot at close range!

Can't keep his hands off the power tools!

Mama, Can I help you paint?

Father - son team securing the property

Larry, Moe and Curly ... a.k.a. Larry, Matt and Steve

I clearly don't have this missionary thing down yet ...
"Just buy a new door!"

Beautiful work boys ... What a gift!

Celebrating Friday night at Smash Burger!

Heredia 2017 Summer Champions!!!
Enjoying fun, food and fellowship in our finished Koinonia room!

No comments:

Post a Comment