Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, July 16, 2017

No Quiero ... I Do Not Want

A tree to climb and ...
they made a rope swing!
This morning as our alarm beckoned me from dreamland, I found myself feeling like a defiant toddler!  I didn't want to wake up, didn't want to get out of bed, didn't want to take a shower, I didn't want to go to church and I didn't want to put forth any effort today! ... Regardless of how I was feeling, I am a 45 year old Mama and therefore chose to deny my 'wants' and prepare myself for the day! As I snuggled up to my 'bed warmer' for a few more seconds I attempted to redirect my thoughts to that of thankfulness to The Creator of the Universe and The Lover of me.  Fast forward 2 hours ...

I found myself in a position where there were no words, no effort needed ...  As we sang, "Holy, Holy, Holy" ... I stood speechless, unable to contain my emotions (imagine that!), in awe and with no effort of my own.  Standing in the presence of a Holy God, my spirit bowing in reverence to the lover of my soul.  I was overwhelmed with the simple fact that ... He loves me and He beckons my spirit from it's selfish wants to rise up and worship ... sometimes without effort of my own! "So I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned, In awe of the One who gave it all, I'll stand My soul Lord to You surrendered, All I am is Yours!"

Today I felt justified in my selfish desires of not wanting to put forth any effort after a week of going in circles and dodging potholes! Our skeleton crew staff hosted a group of 63 "Earth Movers, Room Changers and Face Lifters" while the rest of our staff hosted two VM teams in Honduras.  In CR, these youth put a huge dent in the pile of dirt as they carried buckets loads of wet dirt from one place to the other ... isn't that what mission trips are all about? : ) ... They covered dirty blue walls with a lovely shade of white ... Gave a face lift to a local church ... And blessed the families of La Cuenca with fresh color on their walls!

Dodging pot holes ... Denying my selfish desires ... Greater is He that lives in me ...
My soul must stand!

Praise
Team is back safely from Honduras, reunited!
Jeanessa joining our family
Strength for today, hope for tomorrow
My soul soars in His presence
Another year of life and birthday surprises
Hazelnut coffee creamer
Herbert and Laura, mechanics who care for us

Prayers
Group of 120+ coming this week
My relationship with Rosario our cook
Health ... many are battling colds
Vans for VidaNet  ... FB Post from Delynn Hoover:
         VidaNet is receiving 120 youth on Thursday and due to two recent calamities with the older fleet of vehicles, we are desperately in need of purchasing a new vehicle. This vehicle meets our requirements perfectly. The owner has said that he would hold it for us. We have raised $11,620 towards it's $18,000 purchase price. Would you be willing to help us reach our goal? Message me (Delynn Hoover) if you would be interested. We only have $6,380 to raise. We would like to have this vehicle for the 120 arriving on Thursday ... #directinvestmentinthekingdomofgod

Life on The Mountain ... 
Bob, this one's for you! ... new toilet plungers
... cheap new toy!

Face Lifters at a local church

Picnic with a buddy ... food always tastes better!

Isn't this how it's done? ... One works while 2 supervise! 

He can't keep his hands off them!

"Micah, I do it myself!"

"Move that dirt"... 5 more loads coming!

Packing lunches ... left over chicken ...
 love these two

"Room Changer Crew"

Gettin' some baby love ...
Jeanessa and Genesis

Kids club ... Jose lovin' my attention 

Craft time at La Cuenca with El Nido Mamas

Kids craft ... Funny Faces

Little boys and a pile of dirt ... Heaven on earth!

Face paint isn't just for your face ... I missed the whole picture ...
legs and arms covered in black oil based paint!

Burning rubbish ... Hot dogs for lunch ...
too hot for marshmallows 

Up over the mountain of dirt ...
to the fire he goes

Of course you need a Machete to make bamboo hot dog sticks 
No, they are not twins ... who has the biggest hair?!


Thanking God for Preston ...
sharing God's love with Jedidiah

Celebrating my 45th ...
Snickers ice cream cake from D.Q.!!
loving the life Father has given ...
"Sharing" Mati's bike ... Love the blessings of this house!


1 comment: