Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, October 22, 2017

El Olor de Jessie ... Jessica's Fragrence

I can quickly tell when Jessica has been at the Base.
"Arg Mae" ...
Come to church with me!
 Her fragrance announces her presence.  While she faithfully cleans, wipes, sweeps, shines and disinfects, I smell her! She greets me with a hug as I take a deep breath and say, "Ahhh, el olor de Jessie, huele muy bien!" But, more than the smell of cleaning products, she emits the sweet fragrance of our Father, God.  From the moment I met her, I knew we would be sista's. She has a constant smile, a passion for worship, a heart for the lost, she is full of wisdom and she laughs in the face of turmoil ... literally!

I thought of "Jessie's fragrance" today when I was pondering being saturated ... Rain saturates the ground, tears saturate my pillow, coffee saturates my bread, grocery lists saturate my mind, paint and stain have been saturating the base, manly odors saturate our house ... Today I was contemplating what is saturating my soul? Is it good things, things that are right, lovely, noble, good and true or is it the lies of the enemy trying to crush my hope?  As I spend time in Father's presence, it's His sweetness that saturates my soul, drowns out the lies of the enemy and exudes, emanates, radiates and even oozes from my human inadequacies ... What is saturating your soul? 

My hearts desire ... You are able ... Saturate my humanness 

This is one of my new favorite songs, learned it in Spanish and realized it's also in English! He is bigger than any mountain that I face, He is faithful, He is on the throne!

Praises
Daniella and Andres went to church with us again, Adam's done the asking!
Gordley Playdate
Rain held off to get the Base cleaned and painted
Team unity and openness
Blessed to be part of the executive leadership team, God lead us!
Surrounded by a host of prayer warriors ... aka YOU!
Angels around our vehicle as I ventured out to pick up a bunch of youth ... highways, round abouts, dark empty alleyways , narrow mountain roads ... 2 hours later everyone was home safe and sound!

Prayers
Pray for the times I share God's love for Daniella
Laura
Martha
Dividing up the teams for outreach, God show us
Week of hosting guests: 12 Pastors from Central America and 26 special invitees for the Dedication celebration
Jedidiah starting school
Discernment on school for Micah and Joseph
Preserving family time

Life on the Mountain
Why am I so amazed when we ask God to put people in our path who need to be encouraged, He puts them there! ... A week full of work, clean up, painting, planting, cleaning, getting our house in order for the Dedication Celebration ...  
Home School Coop craft class

Gordley Play date ...
14, 14, 13, 12, 9, 9, 6 and 4 ...
Pizza, PB n J, Wii and Mind Craft

No, it's not his ... Wishful thinking 

What, Lancaster Co. in Costa Rica? ...
Uncle Johnny's cow ... made it through customs!

Color and cement ... shaping up beautifully

Before ...

After!

Wow, lots of hard work!

Fries and Chicken ...
He went out with Andres ...
Daniella spoils him!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment