Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Never Say Never

It's Thursday ... and it's a perfect day to celebrate the sweet gift of alone time my hubby gave me 
Never Say Never ...
3 years ago Jedidiah met Austin (from Ohio) in Costa Rica. 
"Some day I want us to be neighbors in Costa Rica" he said ...
3 years later, they are!
today.  Alone time with the annoying fly that is buzzing around my head! When our alarm beckoned me from my morning-breath stupor, I contemplated pulling the covers over my head.  However, in the foggy recesses of my brain I had a sudden awareness that today, I don't have to go anywhere! So much for sleeping in ... my brain had already kicked into high gear with the mental list of what I could get done today!  It's now 10:30, the wash is drying outside, my list is far from complete, I'm contemplating having another cup of coffee, I'm yearning to share my rambling thoughts of life with you and ... he took the van.  It's the easiest way to keep me at home.

Spring of  2014, we were married for 12+ years, our boys were 11, 9, 6 and 10 months, we had a house, stable jobs, 2 cars, a motor cycle and a cat. "What, you want us to check out 'this' ministry in Costa Rica with our tribe of Mighty Men?" ... July 2015, we embarked on our exploratory trip to CR.  The first 24 hours I told God, "No, we're not moving our family to CR." ... November 2015, we said, "Yes God, we'll follow YOU to the ends of the earth" ... January 2018, we are working along side Austin (from Ohio) in Costa Rica ... Never say never.

There have been a many "NEVERS" in my life.  To name just a few ... never going to marry a Mennonite boy from Lancaster CO. (best never I said yes to) ... never going to home school my boys ... never going to own a van ... never going to blog ... never going to touch a snake or spider unless I'm killing it with a 10 foot pole ...  never going to go deep sea diving (I might run into JAWS, child of the 80's scarred for life).  Anyway, you get the picture, I've said never to Father quite often.  However, He has a way with words. His gentle wooing of my spirit causes me (sometimes with great difficulty) to give up my 'nevers' and say yes to His perfect plan for my life ... except for the aforementioned spiders, snakes and deep water activities. What could they possibly do to better my character anyway?

What "NEVER" is Father asking you to say yes to? ... 

                 Say yes to your nevers ... His perfect peace ... Taste and see that the Lord is good 

Life on the mountain
The sun will come out tomorrow ... thanking God for tomorrow and beautiful sun! ... normal school schedule ... good bye party and birthday blessings for dear friends ... finding life and hope in El Nido ... receipts, receipts and more receipts, they are getting organized! ... futbol at the park ... late night's, early mornings, a day at home ... soaking up the sun, sharing life and laughter with our sweet 'land lady' ... 

Praise
Safe return of Manu, Liz and Declan
Sharing life with our executive leadership team
Casa242, a new beginning
Micah and Joseph have made the decision to be baptized this Sunday!
Paintball birthday party fun
Feeling loved, affirmed and supported by each of YOU, thanking God for the gift of each of you!

Prayer
Finances for VidaNet ... we are fully funded however the ministry of VidaNet is in desperate need of monthly supporters.
Please consider being a monthly donor for VidaNet, contact us for details!
Parenting ... specifically Jedidiah.  
Adam, as he continues to adjust to being away from Mama at school
Me, as I learn the "language of Spanish School."
Three amigos ...
heading into the big world of school!
  
My faithful shopping buddy ... his load is always bigger than mine ... loves to organize, hates to shop

Never say never ... Mimi played soccer with us!

Casa242 plus a few ... Soda Lobo delicacies 

Gift of Qixels ...  brotherly love

After lunch siesta ... Soaking up some vitamin D ...
he naps like Pop-pop

He's in the doghouse ... Dug's new home ...
Pop-pops project

Valentines day treat ...
Picking Adam up from school on the Mo-mo!

Co-op friends ... Can Mennonites play Paintball? ...
Lots of laughter for the soul

When you give your house keys to your son ...
Pop-pop's saves the day ...
Bathroom window acrobatics of a 68 year old Pop-pop ...
Of course Mimi was taking pictures!


Waiting in line ... My work never leaves me

No, it's not our pet ... neighborhood cat ...
"Him's name is Luna but I call him Violet cause I miss Violet!"


Grilling with Don Papi and Papi ...
Chillin' and grillin' with our family

Creative talent ...
He made a VR screen out of cardboard and plastic bottle lenses ... slipped Dad's phone in the 'pocket' ...
went on a virtual reality roller coaster ride ...
made him sick!

"WOW, I'm going up and down!"

Valentines day creations from Rosario









No comments:

Post a Comment