Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Taste of Home

Celebrating Dia del Nino
with a taste of home ... D.Q.
Wafting from the drive through window was a smell so desirable it caused my mouth to salivate ... I wasn't dying of hunger however this delicacy made my stomach feel like it hadn't been satisfied in quite some time! As this red clad carton was placed gently in my hands, it felt somewhat at home and familiar ... I could hardly wait to indulge in it's salty, crisp contents ... fresh from the fryer, these straw shaped treasures seemed but a dream as they had not crossed the threshold of my lips for almost a year!  In haste, I impulsively devoured one regretting my impatience as I burned the tender spot just behind my front teeth.  But, as I sat and savored this golden, crisp, salty treasure, the cares of my day seemed to melt away.  Like the hurricane swirling off the coast of Florida, the burdens swirling in my mind were overwhelming today ... However, like a sweet glimmer of hope from Father, as the Golden Arches appeared on the horizon I knew this taste of home was just what I needed today.  I know, I know ... the sacrifices of a missionary right!

He's laughing with me ... there will be fries in Heaven ... Do not be anxious about anything

This indulging pit stop came with reason ... I had just completed my first two intakes at El Nido and my heart was heavy.  A young Mama pregnant with her first, alone and tearful as we talked about the lack of involvement from her baby's Daddy.  Next, an experienced Mama raising her tribe of 5 alone, full of hope and confident that God will continue to provide for her as she trusts in Him. She didn't know where their next meal was coming from but boldly declared God's faithfulness. God had introduced her to a neighbor that lead her to El Nido, He will provide! "Oh God ... Can I serve these women justly?  Will I be able to communicate adequately? What if I don't understand what they're sharing? I feel so inadequate ... "  If I let fear of man consume me it will be a downward spiral and I won't understand, I won't be able to communicate, I won't thrive in the Call Father has placed on my life.  And so ... I will Trust in Him, dwell in His land, take delight in Him, Commit my way to Him, Be still and wait patiently for Him ... and by His grace, He continues to give me the desires of my heart. (Paraphrased from Psalm 37).

Praises
Celebrating Dia del Nino ... thanks God for our Mighty Men
Tastes of Home
Feeling loved by our Vidanet community
Healing ... thank you for praying!
My God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in Glory
Safety through travel in heavy rain
Sweet connections with our neighbors
Connections for the boys through home school co-op

Prayers
Direction for school for Jedidiah
Daryl ... his heart is heavy with anxiety.  Pray for hope to spring forth!
Daryl's counseling appointment Wednesday
Full time cook for the Base
Heading to Nicaragua Tuesday or visa renewal
Alberto's passport to process quickly

Life on the Mountain
Hoover home school has officially started ... Oh God, how I need YOU! ... Daryl is in the office and the receipts are getting organized, at least that's what it looks like! ... Two days of El Nido training and a tired mind ... More good byes, they just keep getting harder ... Date night with Micah ... Lots of travel/talk time with Gloria, we haven't solved all the worlds problems yet, we're just working on ours! ... Home school co-op relationship building, starting to feel like a good fit ... Adam learning to swim ... Taking time to cry together, share together and learning how to listen in a way that shows we love each other no matter what ... Gwaltney Hot dogs, grilled cheese and tomato soup, bbq meatballs sandwiches, cereal, pizza and chips, D.Q (x 2) and McDonalds french fries ... this week we simply needed ... a taste of home! 


First official "Kid date night" ... a time to listen ...
tell me what's on your heart

Sportin new swim goggles ... Pequeno Mundo bargain

All by himself ...
Mama can't hold your hand forever!

My brave little boy ... best home school co-op host

Air tank swim shirt ... don't breath in!

I got dressed upside-down ... with love from your big brother! 

Art museum ... no interest in the paintings ...
metal lion, now we're talking

Three amigos ... Mati, Adam and Andres ...
neighborly love

This week's work ... sanding, staining and hanging the back fence

McKenzie the Kitten, Adam the Lion and Jedi the Monkey ...
Celebrating the gift of children and all that God has made

Jedidiah's creativity ...
how do you make wheels out of a board?

Quote of the day ...
"Metal sculptures are so cool ... abstract art is dumb!"

Feliz Dia del Nino ... Thanking God for these Mighty Men ...
Raising up a generation to openly display the power and glory of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment