Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, September 3, 2017

I See God

What fills your tank ... brings fulfillment to your soul ... what feels life giving to you? Shopping! ...
Looking for God
Ummm, yeah I know, real spiritual right? Quite honestly, truth be told, I can not hide the fact that I love shopping.  The gift of having time to aimlessly wander around a store, ponder the bargain I might gain or where I could best put this treasure to use is very life giving to me! Whether I have a treasure in mind, a list to purchase or no reason to be looking ... I love shopping.  Of course you should be contemplating where the said missionary would see God in this worldly desire ... oh how He loves me ...

One of my favorite stores here is Pequeno Mundo ... Apparently I've frequented this store enough that Herbert has now become a family friend rather than, the "check out" guy.  His smile is infectious as he acknowledges each one of us while he checks our receipt and purchases before leaving the store. Somewhere on our journey of friendship we realized we shared our love for Father. Now when we leave he not only checks our receipt but gives us a blessing as well. Herbert, while doing a menial task, has chosen to make his job life giving.  Seriously, am I really equating shopping at Pequeno Mundo to being life giving, filling my tank and bringing fulfillment to my soul? ... Yup, crazy as it sounds, I've seen the love of God and experienced the joy of filling my tank by Herbert, who has chosen to share Fathers love in the mundane task of checking and verifying our receipt ... Oh God, the lessons I learn!

Baring my soul ... Bargain shopper at heart ... God even resides at Pequeno Mundo

Life on the Mountain
Yesterday Daryl and I commemorated 16 years of wedded bliss and pondered the above questions. We were blessed with time to fill our love tank while gazing into one another's eyes over DQ Blizzards.  A gift we can't thank the givers enough for ... they willingly volunteered to entertain, or be entertained by, our 4 sweet angelic boys ... While nestled in a cove of Bamboo surrounded by ducks at a local park, we shared and probed the depths of each others soul. We asked some intense questions and contemplated what feels life giving. The comfort of being tucked securely in the hand of God as the thunder rumbled from mountain to mountain, through the central mesa and all around us was so peaceful. He knew the amount of time we needed and held off the storms till we couldn't think or process anymore ... then we walked, laughed and enjoyed the sights, sounds and smells of CR life. 

The rest of life this week consisted of ... Checking off the work list, painting, washing, cleaning, meal prep, loading school on the boys computers, crying out to God for His strength and understanding, breakfast date and gifting twin clothing to Marjorie from El Nido, encouraging and instructing a young mama on breast feeding and postpartum care, pizza and wings while cheering on CR and USA, first day of home school co-op, praying for one another, more good byes, playing with Andres, crying together, laughing together, sharing our hearts and ... seeing God.

Prayers
Rosario's daughter has a tumor in her abdomen
Gabo's mom having problems with her pregnancy
Safe, peaceful and healthy delivery for Liz (and Manu)
Healing for Jack
Direction for school for Jedidiah
Daryl ... his heart is heavy with anxiety.  Pray for hope to spring forth!
To be flexible in the routine 
Full time cook for the Base

Praises
Friendly neighbors
Liz and Manu's love for our boys
Video call with extended family
Saxophone and guitar music in our home
Health, healing and life
Remembering names
Herbert's blessing and friendship
Each of you!  We were reminded of each of you as we read again of Aaron and Hur holding up Moses' hands in battle ... We feel your prayers, we thank God for each of you and pray for His favor to rest on you!

"Talent Show" ... Jedi writing songs!

Chocolate Peanut butter Cake in a Mug ...
I need to lose the recipe!

Seeing God ... Adam's gifts on my journal ...
"Mama, will you marry me?"

I have found the one my soul loves ...
Where you go I will go ...

Seeing the handiwork of God ... Eucalyptus tree

laughter for our soul ... 

Our willing 'babysitters' ... 37 weeks pregnant ...
perfect anniversary gift

Painting the roof ... the work continues

It's raining ... it's POURING!

King of the mountain ... enjoying the view

Securing the backside ... Mighty Men

Jedidiah's project ... Betzer's friendship ...
Gifts from Father

# 1057 ... He counted them all ... never stopped moving

At work and play ...

Joshua 24:15 "Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve ...
But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”






No comments:

Post a Comment