Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, August 27, 2017

In Case You Forgot ...

Sunday night Ice cream treat
 ... Monkifruz
My heart is full, El Nido opened again this week, The Call is clear ... I love these women! "Maria" returned with some surprising news, she is pregnant with her second child and her wee one is only 4 months old.  She opened up her roller coaster of thoughts, feelings and emotions and my heart ached for her.  It seemed like yesterday she sat in our presence excited and full of joy to meet the little one she was carrying.  A mere 4 months ago she talked of all the love and support she had from her family and how life would be different but good.  With life spinning a bit out of control, this visit she was tired, sick, overwhelmed and the twinkle in her eye was clouded over by worry.  In the sacred moments that followed, my heart poured out words of promise and hope over her ... God has chosen YOU to be the mama of this little babe, YOU are called, He has chosen YOU, the journey won't be easy, it will be difficult, lean on God's strength and help from your family, YOU are going to be the best Mama for these two little people! Be encouraged, He has chosen YOU, for this journey, He must really love you! ... As these words continued to roll around in my Spirit I curled up with my journal and realized Father was searing these words directly into my Soul ... I have chosen you and summoned you by name, YOU ARE MINE ... when you pass through these fires in CR, you will not get burned, when you pass through these waters, they will not sweep over you ... Those who look to Him are radiant, their faces are never covered with shame ... This Call is not without it's challenges, mountains and valley's but I am finding sweet comfort in the promise from Psalm 32:10 But, the Lords unfailing love surrounds the one who trusts in Him.

In case you forgot ... The Call is clear ... Trust and Obey 

And, for your enjoyment ... here are a few thoughts from the Mighty Men.  "Boys, what does "The Call" mean to you?" ... What call? Who's calling? A Video call? Call of the Wild? Can I call my friend? Are grandparents calling us? ... not A call, THE Call ... Ohhhhhhh! Giving up your life to God ... Learning how to live with less and appreciate the small things more ... Call to work with a ministry that we know and like ... the Call to make Christians ... not our life anymore, it's God's ... sometimes I feel like the Call ruined my life but I know it's really gonna help me ... I don't know what MY call is ... the Call makes me miss Violet and my hot dog kitty ... people knowing we are Christians by the way we act ... to give up my nice, orderly, planned, normal life for a life where anything can happen at any moment and we can't plan for tomorrow ... living together all the time, always together in ministry ... 

Life on the Mountain
Beautiful balmy mornings followed by afternoon rain showers and sweater clad evenings ... Laughter with the crew of students that stayed to work for 2 more weeks, they just don't want to leave! ... Saying goodbye and blessing those who left after graduation, tears and words of encouragement ... Family Wii night and laughing with 6 extra 'sons' ... Connecting with Lalo, the director of the Rec Futbol league for boys ... Celebrating the life of Liz and Manuel's soon to be born wee one ... Staff reconnecting time, sharing life and our hearts ... God is so good, His mercies are new every morning, this life is a Gift!

Praises
Positive outcome to conflict
Staff that love each other and desire the best for each other
A church family to worship with
Heath, healing, God's provision and favor
El Nido 
Workers to 'get the job done'

Prayers
Rango and Cuco, 2 students who just graduated 
SCHOOL ... God, I need You!
Daryl ... his heart is heavy with anxiety.  Pray for hope to spring forth!
Parenting Jedidiah ... God has chosen me to be his Mama ... help me God
Communication and giving time to each other - Daryl and I 
Next generation of Vida220 students ... call them God!
A Full time cook for the Base

Happy 5th Brithday Dylan ...
Best buddies ... bringing life to all

God bless you Gloria ... I miss you already!

I do my work on my computer ...
I have lots of work to do!

This one's is for Uncle Jeeg ...
I put my 'wegs' in the same hole!

Baby Cuco ... Designing bib, diaper and hat ...
such a good sport

Ummmm, yeah ...
how hard is it to tie your shoes when carrying a "baby" 

Wii boxing ... blood, sweat and tears (of laughter)

And, one more for Uncle Jeeg ...
I put my underwear on the wrong way!

"He brings times of refreshing to my soul" ...
Thank you God for a much needed Sabbath rest ...
alone with a book for 2 hours

Psalm 91:4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge: His faithfulness will be your shield.

 How lovely is Your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty ...
Find rest O my soul in God alone ...
The sweetness of His peace ... 


No comments:

Post a Comment