Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Monday, August 21, 2017

Neglecting the Gift of You



Care package ... "No, you can't eat it all tonight!"
Warning, intimate conversation ahead ... Quite often I feel like Father uses my relationship with my sweet hubby as a comparison in my relationship with Him.  After 16 years of wedded bliss, we're still learning the discipline of dying to self and giving to each other.  And, after 33 years of new life in Christ, I'm still learning the discipline of dying to self and giving all (tiredness, anxiety, fear, uncertainty, longing for routine) to Him. The stress and strain of a busy summer and the demands of life have caused some neglected.  When our eyes are fixed on the tasks and lists around us we loose sight of the gift we have been given to walk through life with. Confession time ... just keepin it real here ... we can all use a little prayer, right? I mean come on, what gal doesn't long for a tender gaze from her heart throb and hearing him say "you look hot"?  And is there a masculine persona out there that doesn't long for affirmation and a back rub from his wifey to ease his aches away? Quite honestly, we've neglected the simplicity of gazing into each others eyes, intimately talking and listening to each other, giving selflessly to each other and being googly-eyed in love.  As the foundation of our marriage is built on Christ the solid rock, we are still strongly in love with each other and Him ... However, dying to self and giving to each other is essential to build on this foundation.  Sound familiar? ... Isn't that what Father asks of us?  It's the discipline of dying to self that makes relationships work ... my relationship with my Heavenly Father and ... my relationship with my soulmate here on earth.

From my Father's heart ...We living in the same world, walking in the same direction, in the busyness of the day I don't look His way, I don't see His eyes on me ... Communication is essential so when I don't feel like talking or listening, I feel distant ... in His silence I wonder if He still cares, in my silence His love beckons my soul ... Some days He holds my hand and leads me, other times He opens the door and ushers me from behind ... through my foggy morning eyes His gaze is alive, my spirit cries, "Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love" ... As the tenderness of night falls and I settle into His arms, He whispers to my spirit "You will sleep in perfect peace as you fix your eyes on Me ... My beloved, do not be anxious about anything." His perfect peace ... those moments I want to give myself fully to Him and my soul longs for the intimacy of falling more in love with Him ... Father, forgive me for neglecting the gift of You!

Intimate love ... Time, a gift to give ... His sweat heart I am

Life on the Mountain ... This week was all about finding the routine that causes life to feel 'normal'.
Smiles mask the emotions ... 

The week started with Daryl and Micah returning from a "Ten hour hike" ... in reality, it was a 2 hour tractor ride followed by a 4 hour hike "over the river and through the woods" to serve the people of Alto Coen and help them build a house ... followed by 3 days of vacation with our family of 31 in beautiful Barcelo Tambor beach, "Yes boys, all inclusive means you can drink "free" Pina Coladas all day long!" ... Cleaning up the base for Vida220 Graduation ... how do you say good bye? lots of tears, hugs and blessings ... daily Scooter races ... More groceries to buy and more donations to wash ... Lots of haircuts, 17 to be exact! ... Visiting with the neighbors, celebrating their daughters birthday and laughing at our kids "Spanglish" ... Daryl, Micah and Jedidiah playing on the worship team, music to my ears ... A family night watching Little House on the Prairie DVD's ...




Prayers
-Healing ... Adam's cough, Daryl & Micah chigger bites, my cold
-Discipline and routine of starting school again ... I was hoping for something different, but familiar is good too.
-Next generation of Vida220 students ... call them God!
-Communication and unity with VidaNet staff
-A Full time cook for the Base
-Relationships: Daryl and I, us with the boys, friends for boys

Praises
Vida220 Graduation 
Connections with Landlords and neighbors
Ferry ride, beach, pools, sunshine and time spent with family
Affirmation of The Call
Each one of you ... seriously, we thank God for you! Your support and affirmation are such a gift to us!


Homemade Granizados ...
what's the secret ingredient?

2 hour Tractor ride is better than a 10 hour hike!

River crossing en route to Alto Coen
... keep your feet up!

Betzer and Jedi ... showing him God's love and attention

Ferry ride to our vacation destination ...
first time for everything!

"Hundreds" of these graced our presence at our vacation resort ...
"No, you can't catch one! No, we don't need a pet!
No, you can't keep his tail!"

Rescuing the bell from the top ... Our boys are monkeys ...
scaled the wall sin zapatos!

Scarlet Macaw ... flying freely through our resort!
"Yes, you can have a pet ... but you have to catch one first!"

Lounging in the pool with Samuel and Dylan

Hair cut list ... plus a few add ons!
Our Graduates! I feel like a proud Mama ...
Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go!
Vida220 leadership, Manuel & Liz and Delynn & Gloria
Worshiping in Spirit and in Truth ...
Handsome boys ... ready to celebrate Graduation!

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in YOU." Isaiah 26:3



1 comment:

  1. Your comments about the lizard made me laugh. We're praying for you! I'm glad Micah and Mr. Hoover's trip went well!
    Love,
    Bippy

    ReplyDelete