Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Friday, August 11, 2017

One Year Old

Today I was contemplating "The Blog" ... Happy one year anniversary, Blog! You're words have become the voice of our journey, as you deliver our passion for living.  Your pictures, a window into the heart and soul of our mission.  You beckon me to unveil the sacred and uncanny moments of our lives as you dance merrily before me taunting me to join you in narrating the journey ... I can no longer refuse you, I love spending time with you, you've drawn out the writer in me that can only be satisfied through revealing what you were created for ... Connecting my heart with the hearts of your readers for the sole purpose of revealing Father's compassionate love.

Furious love ... Abandoned to Him ... All for His glory

  Happy anniversary dearest Blog, thank you for allowing me to share my heart!

My happy place ... by his side!
These last few weeks our lives have been filled with community and I've pondered almost daily, words, phrases or sentiments that could make for a 'good blog' topic. However, attempting to capture the essence of life in just a few simple words or pictures has proved challenging! Inspiring stories abound and there are pictures aplenty, yet one simple word resonates deep within me ...  TEN ... I laugh at the thought ... seriously God, is there nothing more profound or moving, then the number TEN?  Allow me explain my absurdity ... My dear hubby and oldest son, Micah are on an adventure with the Vida220 students.  They left Wednesday morning for a 5 hour drive (I think) followed by ... a TEN hour hike.  Yup, that's why the word 10 is resonating so deeply within my soul, a TEN hour hike, one way!  The plan was ... hike in starting at 4:30 am on Thursday, spend today (Friday) ministering to the Bribri people, hike out Saturday and drive the approx. 5 hours home. Returning safely to my arms around midnight Saturday ... Psalm 34:15 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their cry ... Lord, let them mount on wings as eagles, run and not grow weary, walk and not be faint.

Contemplating TEN ... 

TEN ... days spent with family.  We were so blessed to share life in CR with the Eshlemans.  God, You know just what we need ... laughter, tears and heart to hearts shared with loved ones who know us so well.
TEN ... bags of clothing donations washed, dried, folded and rebagged ... boys, you can do your own wash this week!
TEN ... months of Vida220.  Graduation is next week ... time to say good bye.
TEN ... Adam needs 10+ solid hours of sleep.  This little boy has been running with the big kids, missing naps and now has a stuffy nose and fever to show for it.
TEN ... Jedi has been planning his 10th birthday celebration for October! He talks constantly about it and has plans and dreams bigger than our budget will allow.
TEN ... about the hour we settled in to chat each night with Bryan and Sharon.
TEN ... more minutes of sleep when I hit my snooze ... snooze reason stated above.
TEN ... hugs, smiles, thank you's and "I love you's" from Joseph, my son who knows what makes my heart happy.
TEN ... sun scorched bodies from a day at the beach.
TEN ... hour hike ...

Prayers
-Ramona (from El Nido), her 12 year old son, Carlos, was washed down steam and is thought to have drowned.  They have not recovered his body yet.
-Adam, health and healing
-Daryl, Micah and students, strength, safety and joy
-Jedidiah's heart as he says good bye to some amazing young men who have taken him under their wing and loved on him in a way only God can do.

Praises
-Safety and seeing the Hand of God as the students were out on a Luke 10 outreach
-Connections with neighbors
-Daily manna, a roof over our head and sunsets
-time spent with family
-Opportunities to share Fathers love
-Language acquisition, it's flowing!
-A month with Jeanessa ... I miss her sweet presence!
-A multitude of God moments with VM outreach locations 

Kids Club in Canalete ... Outreach with Agape Church

Building Sunday school classrooms ...
Outreach in Canalete

Scorpion outside our cabin in Canalete ...
"I don't care if it's dead, don't touch it!"

All creatures great and small ... Smallest frog ever!

"Look mama, I caught one too!"

Cleaning up the tools after a work day ...
this boys loves to clean!

Mud boggin' buddies

Futbol ... a quick way to make friends!


And ... cooling more than our toes!

A perfect way to start his mornings ... 

"Costco" (Price Smart) here we come ... 
How does one feed 150 youth? ... with 40 pizzas!


Best ride ever!!  Yup, they rode it 7 times in a row ...
practice for navigating the streets of CR!

Christmas in July ...
thanks to some dear friends who made this possible!
Why did we go this way? ... I'm tired!

11,000 ft above sea level ...
the Majestic beauty of the Irazu Volcano ...
deep breath kids!

Higher than the clouds ... touching Heaven

Tasting Costa Rica ... Granizados 

Which one of these is not like the other ones? ...
Sun, shade and surf
Andres, our new neighbor boy ... new riding toys!


My heart is full ... God's gift of family ... Sharing life



1 comment:

  1. I believe you family is a TEN!! ( As best as it gets!)

    ReplyDelete