Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Monday, May 21, 2018

Follow the Leader

Buying food for an army ... 
Secluded in our bedroom, coffee steaming by my side, it has become customary that my mind is a flurry of activity ... At present, I can't seem to put into coherent thoughts, the whirlwind that is swirling around in this thing I call "my mind". There is little boy chatter going on outside the window, my Sunday afternoon nap was interrupted, someone is creating and banging upstairs, and I'm thinking about how much time I need to plan for picking up the team. In the chaos of my thoughts, my emotions have been captivated by one thing ...

Dona Anita ... One of our beloved "Grandma's" at church.  She faithfully stood by the entrance waiting to great us with a hug so tight at times I felt like my head would pop off.  Her greeting would continue as she cupped my face in her hands speaking words of affirmation and life to my soul. She had a twinkle in her eye, one that promised mischief but in reality, it was the twinkle of Father's love.  In the few short months that I've known her, she blessed us with treats, gifts, encouragement and love.  My love language is not gifts and so at first it was hard to receive this form of love. I felt undeserving and uncertain why she would choose to lavish such gifts on me.  Her presence exuded love for family, friends and most of all, the lover of her soul, Jesus. Hindsight is always 20/20 and with the events of the weekend I've come to understand "Abuelita Anita" had a premonition. Possibly months before anyone else knew, I believe she was aware that something was happening in her body. Health was being robbed and life as she knew it on earth would soon find it's end. For this reason, she showered Father's abundant love on our family in the only way she knew how, she gave us gifts. Some of them, her personal treasures.  For those of us looking through the window, her battle with cancer was short.  As death became imminent, plans and preparations were made. However, those who have walked this journey know, "you just can't plan for death." No matter how much premonition one may have, no one knows the hour nor the day and therefore ... one must live ready.

Hence, I leave you with this ... She was a leader who followed. Her heart and life were surrendered to Jesus, the lover of her soul. She was a follower of Jesus and a leader in sharing His unconditional love.  She followed His lead.

 Follow the Leader ... Instinct is His gift ... Live ready

Life on the Mountain
Family shopping spree buying 10 days worth of food for two groups: 105 kilos of rice, 15 kilo beans, 40 kilos chicken, plus, pork, ground beef, 25 dozen eggs and ALL the extras ... Everyone was needed on this 1/2 hour shopping spree! ... Celebrating Dona Anna's life ... Crucifixion drama, wondering where Adam was during ministry time.  No worries, he was peacefully sleeping while praise music filled his soul ... school, El Nido, work and normal life when two groups converge on Casa VidaNet.

Praises
Carmelinda's safe return to CR
The blessing of life with Teams

Prayers
Martha's heath
Sound sleep for our family
That we would follow Father's lead in relating to each other
Building his own Lego set ...
Robotics class in school, peeked his interest!

Micah's stacking abilities ... "years" of experience!

Celebrating Dona Anna

Home school co-op, minus a few

They grow em big in CR!

Crucifixion crew ... sharing laughter ...
Drama that evokes intense emotions

Adam's class talent show
Date night with dad ...
McDonalds Cafe and Cheesecake!





No comments:

Post a Comment