Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Monday, May 7, 2018

The Dance

Dance with me? ...
Most days I feel like I'm failing miserably as a mom ... to this one. Those who know me have heard this song and dance before ... We waltz through good times, step on each other's toes through challenging times, and completely lose our groove dancing to our own rhythm through horribly difficult times. God is using this one to soften my heart to those who enter my world bringing opposition and challenge to the normal way of doing things and ... I don't like it! This week, I'm struggling with the word "like." It seems easier to love the sinner, hate the sin that one meets in normal everyday life. However when "that person" is one entrusted to my nurture and care ... The struggle is real!

Of course I love him ... bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh, fruit of my labor, the one who was knit together in the hidden places of my womb ... I would do anything for him, he has my heart, I love his spunk ... He changes the atmosphere of any situation he encounters ... Kids are drawn to him, he is a friend to all ... His 'name' is Tender Heart ... His smile is captivating and his voice commanding ... I can't do his creativity justice because of the outlandish ideas he has in wanting to create ...  He is a music machine, loves to cook, talks British with the best of em' and ... loves to push every one of my last nerves ... He does nothing in a conventional matter ... nothing!

Quite bluntly, I have a hard time liking him. That sounds awful ... case in point, missionaries are normal people too! Ok, it's not him that I dislike, it's the part of him that is in constant opposition to what I say. When he's helpful, kind, agreeable, creative, obedient and the show stopper Father created him to be, I like him a lot!  However, the majority of my days I anticipate his opposition and respond on edge instead of reveling in the incredibly talented child of God that he is. Why? ... Why has God entrusted one such as him to my heart and rearing?

In a recent "this is MY time" rerun episode of my life, I've had cause to ponder the similarity between 'this one' and yours truly.  Is this how Father feels towards me during one of my obstinate, childish tantrums when He says GO or NO or WAIT or NOTHING ... Yeah, I know HE's perfect. Of course He loves me, likes me and calls me His own ... But, considering my feelings toward this gift we named Jedidiah, is this how Father feels when "the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart are NOT pleasing to Him? When I ignore the prompting of my spirit and choose to act the way I feel like acting because I want to do it my way? ... He's teaching me the dance, He chose me to be Jedidiah's Mama and so we waltz, step on each others toes and learn how to follow each other's rhythm.

 He loves me, and likes me ... Dancing with Jedidiah ... Chiseling my rough edges

Life on the Mountain
Sharing our burdens and praying with our ministry family ... Labor Day family outing to the Waterfall of Rio Agrio and Pozo Azul ... Praying in faith and thanking God that he provided the finances for Martha to receive the health care she needs ... Warm sunny days, perfect for line drying ... Sharing donations with El Nido Guadalupe and the blessing of fellowship ... Much needed Date night for dad and mom ... Grocery shopping with the troops ... Surprise weekend Family adventure as we anticipate the busyness of the upcoming season of ministry ... Stomach virus adventures, really, I didn't think it lived here in CR!

Praises
Angles on guard as we climbed to the heights around hair pin turns
Safety swimming and jumping
Family weekend
Finances for VidaNet

Prayers
Learning how to dance with Jedidiah
Creative outlet for Micah - a hobby
Strength for Martha and family as they travel to Nicaragua
Healing from this stomach virus
Marriage retreat with our church this weekend
Finances for VidaNet vidanetonline.org/friends-vidanet

Pozo Azul ... It matched my shirt!

Worth the muddy, slippery hike ...
One of CR's hidden treasures 


Cliff jumping ...
Joseph was the first, the other two followed ...
More guts than Mama (and Dad)

Adam ready for a hike in mud, rain or sun

Date night fun ...
there is a table inside this VW Van!

Adam asked if he could have a picture with Mr. Policia!

Rub-a-dub-dub ... Three boys in a tub ...
who do you think they are?

"Batman" made an unexpected and unwelcomed
visit to our Tree house room over the weekend!

King of the Mountain ... hours of fun!

Zip-line gear ... Adam said, "Maybe next time!"


Cooling off after the hike ... 

Great planning ... Water slide for the kids
with cool Jacuzzi tubs along the side for the parents!

When you order 2 coffees and 4 Hot chocolate "to go" from a bar ...They were just being helpful for carry out!

Be strong and courageous ...

 "The Lord your God is with Jedidiah, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in Jedidiah, he will quiet Jedidiah with his love, he will rejoice over Jedidiah with singing."  Zeph 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment