Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Friday, June 22, 2018

Bringer of Light


Before he took his first breath, it was declared that he would be "A bringer of light in darkness." In 2011, we lost 2 wee ones before they knew life outside my womb.  Darkness and despair surrounded me for what seemed like an eternity. As my soul started to heal, I was able to hear Father's promise in Psalm 30:5 ... Though sorrow may last for the night, joy comes in the morning ...

September 2012, from the moment we knew this gift had taken residence in my womb Daryl covered us in prayer. Not only was a wee one forming, developing and growing in my womb ... A light of hope was also forming, developing and growing in the dark recesses of my barren soul.  Life was declared! My than 40 year old body put up a fight. Uncertain it could live up to it's clear Calling to shelter, nurture and infuse life into this created One. However, my soul ... laid bare before the One who creates ... had no uncertainty that this life was Father's precious promise that joy would come in the morning.

As we passed the stages in pregnancy of our previous losses, more hope grew and His peace that passes all understanding became my resting place. Three weeks before this anticipated birth, circumstances surrounding me allowed anxiety to rear it's ugly head. In my blubbering and mumbling before the Throne, He gently asked ... "Do you trust Me with this life? I have promised joy to replace your morning. This wee one is to be a Bringer of Light"... And ... 5 years later, he has certainly lived up to his calling!

Happy 5th Birthday Adam Luke Hoover

Bringer of light in my darkness ... lover of Jesus ... uninhibited dancer ... bilingual cherub ... You have stolen the hearts of all you encounter, your childlike faith and invitation to know Jesus continues to bring more into the Kingdom of light!
Starting the celebration two weeks early ...
Butterfingers sundae at Smash Burger!
The day is just beginning ...
Of course he wanted a donut for his special breakfast!
Celebrating with his classmates!

Happy Spiritual birthday Jedidiah ... yesterday!


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Adam! And yes, this is waaaaay late.
    Love,
    Bippy

    ReplyDelete