Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Dancing in the Veggie Store

Fun with Futbol night!
Most of my moments this past week were spent "planning, preparing and purchasing" for the current and five upcoming Vida Missions teams that will grace Casa VidaNet this coming week. M&J were my faithful companions on these adventures as we packed our trusty Olaf (our white van) to the brim with literally no room to spare.  In the midst of the flurry of activity I stopped at our veggie store to pick up a few items I forgot to order.  It was there I met the sweet presence of Jesus ... 

She appeared as one would picture any sweet, lovable Grandma who stepped right out of the 1920's ... Her hairstyle was short and sweet, and so was she ... Her eyes were soft and full of affection ... Her thoughts, words and actions slow and contemplative in their delivery ... She had a tender laugh that warmed my soul with a sweet invitation to converse. As our eyes met, I offered the typical greeting and probed, "Do you remember me?" The eyes searching my face, the deep recesses of her mind trying to remember said Gringa standing before her.  I ventured on, probing a bit more, "We had a dance here in this veggie store a few months ago, remember?"  Her laugh confirmed she remembered the occasion!  Our first encounter was one of "dancing" around each other as we chose the choicest veggies from trustworthy Andres in his little corner store. That first encounter brought belly laughs as she responded to my assertion that we were dancing around the veggies, "I haven't danced in years!" She had playfully lamented. This encounter, tugged at my heart for more transparency. In the sweetness of the moments that followed there in the midst of veggies, we exchanged names, where we live, what we do in life, shared a hug and blessing before saying, "See you next time."

I've thought often of Germania over this past week and have pondered the following ... In the busyness of my days am I to occupied to notice the "dance partners" He places in front of me?  Am I seeking first His Kingdom or am I seeking to check off my list?

The challenge He has laid before me: 
In the brief moments He gives me to make a difference for His Kingdom ... 
make the most of every opportunity I have to dance! 

Life on the Mountain...
As always, a lot of life has been lived since my last post ... We had Adam's official birthday party, Traveled to Nicaraguan border and back, sent a team from VA on their way after a full weekend of sharing Father's love with La Cuenca (Kids Club, Roller skating party, day at the amusement park, praying in homes and handing out food), Washed all the bedding and donations left by said team, Trip to English library - 28 books later we returned safely home, Micah finishing 9th grade, Joseph submitting his last project for 7th grade, Jedidiah enjoyed a "leaving for summer vacation field trip", Adam had a "beginning of summer vacation school fun day", debriefed with the students over Pizza and wings, and enjoyed a Sunday without responsibility eating lunch at Smash Burger and letting Adam spend his birthday money. 

Praises
Safety and favor during our border crossing
Family night watching Little House on the Prarie
Sweet communion with the students
Celebrating Adam's life and feeling the love from friends far and near
Nellie and Santi joining us for church
Daryl and I learning how to relate to the new Us ... thank you for praying!

Prayers
Making the most of every opportunity
Peaceful sleep in the midst of a busy upcoming week
Taking time to listen to our boys
Healing ... lots of sickness going through Casa VidaNet
Pray for Estaban to join Nellie and Santi at church

Ephesians 6:19-20
Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel ... Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.



This hummingbird flew in for a visit ...
After giving up, I was able to release him outside!

Pin the tire on the Monster truck proved to be lots of fun!

Monster truck mashin' cake and little buddies ...
A smashin' good time!

The newest addition ...
A porch and rockers at Casa VidaNet ...
The transformation keeps on happening!

Monteverde Milkshakes making the border run bearable ...
Ellie joined our adventure fitting in like a daughter!

Finding a shirt in donations ...
Sometimes feels like a hug from family back home!

Buy 4, pay for 3! ...
Tastes of Home ... of course we indulged!

Adam and Mackenzie ...
My heart be still ...





No comments:

Post a Comment