Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Monday, July 30, 2018

Quiet Pastures

This may look lush and green ...
not my quiet pasture ...
The tears are flowing.  Possibly a form in which my soul 'de-stresses'. Perhaps it's just the sweet intimacy of His comforting presence.  We just came to the end of a very full week, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.  Saturday dawned and I was drained of every last ounce of everything .. We stumbled through the day spewing harsh words and hiding behind the mask of smiles. We bore witness to the power of prayer Saturday evening as the walls started to crumble. And then, there was Sunday morning ...

We arrived late to church but in hindsight, it was His perfect timing.  As the crowd was singing, "Psalm 23 ... El Senor es mi pastor, nada me faltera ... en pastos delicados ... El me hara descansar."  The tears started almost as soon as I crossed the threshold of this sanctuary.  His words whispered tenderly to my soul, "This is what I have for you today" ... His gentle reminder came from Deuteronomy 33:12, "Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders.” And then I saw it ... It was the sweetest, most peaceful resting place one could ever imagine ... Lush green pastures, small tricking brook, sun and shade, the ground wasn't hard or uncomfortable ... And, He was holding me.

I know we are not alone in this race.  I know many of you come to the end of your day as depleted as I felt.  Do you know that intimate place where the tears can flow freely? Do you know the tender embrace of the One who gives renewing life? To know the power of His love as He holds me close ... This is my quiet pasture.

Communion with The Creator ... Rest in the Everlasting Arms ... Lacking nothing

Life on the Mountain
Communion and goodbyes with our beloved Carpenter Community Church youth group ... Micah and Joseph were blessed to be apart of this VM group ... life at home with two boys was quite different ... And then, there was Sunday morning.

Praises
Sweet connections with our home youth group
Open hearts of our boys
Power of prayer
Reconnecting with El Nido after a long month


Prayers
To finish out this summer glorifying Him
Positive attitudes
Refreshing moments of intimacy
Health

Adam and Ema ... "I have a lot of girl friends!"

Carson and Joseph!
Captain America and Iron Man!

Micah's 'quiet pasture' ...
Where have the years gone?



Cousins and
"Cousin, not a cousin, but really is a cousin"

Taking advantage of the "quiet" moments
The week completed with a vacation day ... 


Micah working and Joseph ...
contemplating his next adventure as Iron Man??
"See ya later" ...





No comments:

Post a Comment