Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, July 22, 2018

The Familiar

Youth group at the Hoovers ... 
This week Carpenter Community Church invaded Casa VidaNet.  These two worlds colliding has made my heart full, taken my emotions on a roller coaster and the constant chatter has left my voice weary.  The hugs, laughter, and connections for our boys are making memories that will not be soon forgotten.  Having this taste of home brings to reality how much I've changed, they have grown in stature and brings me face to face with the fact that CR is home.  I thought their presence here would leave me longing for the safe and familiar 'home' we used to know and love.  Oddly enough, it's done just the opposite.  Sure I miss those honest heart to hearts with people who have walked through life with me. Quite surprisingly, I haven't found myself longing to steal away in an empty suitcase as a stow-away.  With each 'taste of home' we've experienced, it settles a little deeper in my heart that for now, this is home.  Undoubtedly I will always miss Akron, family and friends and sharing the miracle of birth. Nevertheless, He called, by faith we stepped into the unknown and now ... Our lives have been ruined for the ordinary.  Spending time with "the familiar" here in CR has made me realize the deep seeded peace that has settled in my soul with this acknowledgement ...  CR has become our home until He releases us to go and I can say, "It is well with my soul!"

His perfect peace ... Settled in my soul ... I can say, It is well!


Praises
Safe travel for teams coming and going
The gift of fellowship
Micah and Joseph experiencing the reality of Vida Missions
Pre-ordering groceries at Price Smart to feed our army

Prayers
Sound sleep
Let them see Jesus in us
Jesus guard our boys hearts as friends return to their home
VidaNet Growth banquets in August and September

Life on the Mountain 
Fellowship ... sharing ... praying and crying together ... laying our burdens at the feet of The One who sustains us ... Checking off the lists ... and finally, Sunday afternoon quiet time naps.

The Masked men in a game of Seven Wonders

Joseph playing a game ...
Miracles happen when friends invade your home!


Beach babes ... Awaiting the delicacy
of Rice and Beans for Caribbean night

This crew ... so much life to share ...
Rice and Beans and Patacones!

Cousins in Costa Rica ...
Adam is basking in their affection ...
Where's Bob? Adam hasn't left his side either!

Sharing life and Dominos ...
I still remember the days when we
couldn't leave these two alone!

Together forever, weathering the storms of life ...
Holding the hand of the Maker of storms ...

Adam's Science Fair project on Recycling ...
He made the product, Mama made the poster. 

When you didn't bring a skirt to CR ...
Of course you invade your Aunt's closet!

Familiar faces ... love and laughter

We've had some visitors this week ...
God bless the feet that inhabit these shoes!

My heart is happy ... Feeling the physical love of a Father who loves to bless His children


No comments:

Post a Comment