Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Monday, September 17, 2018

Connected

Viva Costa Rica! 
Tech, I don't like the thought that we can't live without it. "Face it mom, tech is a part of our lives and it's not going away!" I know, I know ... and I like it too.  I just don't like how dependent we are on it.  Oh we unplug from time to time, but there's always that one more text I need to reply to, one more video someone wants to watch, that one more thing someone is explaining and suggests we google it to see what they're talking about. And ... there's that one final check of my phone before going to bed. In doing so, I notoriously find myself feeding my thumb's "scrolling-exercise" addiction instead of meditating on things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely and admirable before succumbing to sweet dream world. Confession ... I don't know when the last time was that I didn't check my phone before going to bed.

Ok ... so where's this going other than confessing my addiction and declaring my soapbox stance on technology? ...

I've noticed over the past few months, I've had a hard time allowing my mind to relax.  You know those sacred mindless moments during the day when one finds themselves day dreaming, contemplating life and resting in the promise "he will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is fixed on Thee".  What I've realized is this ... I've reached for technology in those quiet moments instead of reaching for the peace of Father's sweet presence.  Instead of meditating on His word that I read in the morning, I've meditated on what others are doing in their lives ... Instead of talking or just being with my hubby during a drive, I've fed the incessant need to indulge in other's travels ... Instead of snuggling under His wings and hearing His sweet voice sing over me when I kiss my mighty men good night, I've cozied up to the photographic moments that fill other's lives.

Whose presence am I longing to connect with? If it's truly His presence that changes me, changes our home, changes those around me, than why am I inviting media's presence in these precious 'mindless' moments?

Nothing else will satisfy ... Peace of mind ... Connected with His presence

The words to this song brought healing tears yesterday during worship ...
A quien ire ... To Whom will I go 
A quien ire en necesidad ... To whom will I go in need?
A quien ire en busca de paz ... To whom will I go in search of peace?
 y quien podra mi vida saciar de verdad ... Who will be able to truly satisfy my life?
Cristo a donde mas podria ir ... Where else can I go

Life on the Mountain
Regrouping and resettling into normal life after travel, visitors and constant movement ... Cleaning and organizing the storage area after the tornado of summer activity. So good for my soul plus the fact that I didn't encounter any 8 legged visitors! ... Start of Youth group ... reconnecting with my El Nido ladies ... Family evenings at home ... Celebrating Costa Rica Independence day with a parade of lanterns, bands and food!  


Praise
Tuesday night YOUTH GROUP for Micah and Joseph.  When asked what part he liked best, Joseph said, EVERYTHING!
Tumor in Angelica's mom's abdomen is benign!
Vida220 Leaders arrived safely via bus travel through Nicaragua
William and Laura received their visas to travel to Spain as missionaries

Prayers
The strikes, road blocks and protests going on though out CR, protesting taxes.
Mark Uptain's family ... a friend of a friend who's life was tragically ended
Steve's heart to long for Father's sweet presence
Healing for Jedi and Adam's colds ... they have vacation all week.



Crepes for breakfast ... many hands make ... a mess! 

Just one nice picture for the grandparents ... please

Jedidiah was a king for a small school skit ... Micah!

Adam proud of his Farole (lantern)

6:30 a.m. Saturday morning ...
bright eyed and ready to march!

In his element ... "I have to march how far?!!!" ...
Only around the block!
Kindergarteners playing drums while 'marching' is seriously like herding cats!

Declan taking his turn to push Adam!

"NO, Jedidiah, please don't pick me as your partner again!" ...
 Being Rook partners with someone who loves to live on the edge is nail biting for most of us! ...
Filling our home with laughter!






1 comment:

  1. I hear you so much on the technology questions and quandaries! Best wishes as you find the right balance for you and your family!! Thanks for these updates - both visual and word pictures - of your life and service in Costa Rica. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete