Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, September 23, 2018

When He Shows Up ...

Listening for His gentle whisper ...
I had it all planned. Specifically in those wee morning hours when I'd wake up with the words running through my mind like a flowing faucet that had long been forgotten. As my body wound it's way through the stages of sleep and neared the surface of waking, my mind would snap into action at the protest of my soul.  Oh how I willed it to rest and sleep peacefully. My dream state prayers took many rabbit trails constantly circling back to "those" words. I placed my worries in His hands, "have Your way with this Father!"  Then, like a defiant child, with my next thought, I took them back again. In the absurdity of my thinking, it was like I thought I had to plan this, like He wasn't going to be faithful.

I knew it in my spirit as soon as the question was asked. Still I hesitated. I knew what He was asking, however my will dug it's heals in. "Ummm, God, do I need to remind You, You're asking me to do this is in Spanish and in front of the church?" And then the question once again ... "Why am I here?" Not here in Costa Rica, but here on this earth. With Pastor Martin's words ringing in my ears, Created to serve, Saved to serve and Called to serve, I gave up my will, chose hope and said yes.

Elijah stood at the mouth of the cave. The violent, rock splitting, tree uprooting wind blew. The earth shook with such trembling it caused mountains that touch the sky to crumble. Then the fire, so intense it singed his eyebrows from 30 meters away.  The flurry of activity in my mind this week felt much like these three elements. And then came Sunday morning ... you know those fear filled moments He had asked me to lead worship at church. As I walked to the mouth of the cave (a.k.a the front of the church), the gentle whisper of His sweet presence caused me to cover my face as he passed by.  These elements of nature (a.k.a. those needless hours of worrying what words I would share) simply passed by as His gentle whisper spoke to hungry hearts. He showed up, of course He did. In the recesses of my Spirit, I knew He would. It's who He is, it's what He does. Yet in my humanness I needlessly worry ... Today, He's rubbing my tense shoulders, reminding me why He loves me and holding me as I listen to his gentle whisper. What "activities of earth, wind or fire" are distracting you from hearing Father's gentle whisper?

Created for Him ... Power of His love ... His gentle whisper

Life on the Mountain 
Vacation week for Jedidiah and Adam brought more energy to our house during the day and more baked products from Jedidiah.  Micah and Joseph started a new school year (8th and 10th). Youth group, co-op, worship practice, date with dad and welcoming our Vida220 leaders ... you know, normal life stuff like you experience everyday, just in a different language!

Praise
Nellie's heart that longs for the sweetness of His presence
Micah feeling connected!
Joseph who prefers to stay at home, loves going to youth group
Neighbors we love to share life with
New growth and life in our spirit from a year ago
A clean house from Rosario

Prayers
Our border run for visas bright and early Monday morning
Steve's heart to soften to Father's voice
The strikes, road blocks and protests going on though out CR, protesting taxes.
Relief for my headaches 
Healing for Jedidiah's cold
Give the details and plans to Him and not hold onto them with worry

Shhhhhh ... Don't tell dad!
Really, he just likes the helmet ... he has no idea ...
Fly Eagles fly!

Vacation week ... helping Mom at El Nido ... entertaining babies

The Black Ninjas ... Maybe it's a costume party ...
OR
Maybe it's teenagers playing dress-up!






No comments:

Post a Comment