Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Perspective

It's been one of those days ... or rather, one of
Sunday evening entertainment ... 
the things they learn from AFV!
those weeks. The way I received and responded to life's situations has given my attitude a bit of a challenge. It all comes down to a matter of perspective. I found this little gem in my writing notebook and in light of perspective, it's a fitting example ...

My mouth was salivating as we sat down to feast on Gallo Pinto for breakfast.  It had been awhile since I made it so I was hoping there would be no grumbles.  Adam sleepily crawled onto his chair and said, "Mama, my belly hurts really, really, really bad, I don't think I can eat this."  Wise Mama that I acclaim to be, I said, "Why don't you try it, your belly may feel better if you put some food into it."  He agreed.  Almost as soon as this delicacy crossed his lips he began to rub his belly and say "Owwy, owwy, owwy, this really hurts my belly!" I said, "Adam, your food is still in your mouth, not in your belly."  To which he smiled and replied, "Oh yeah I forgot."

Life is a matter of perspective.  We can focus on what we don't have, always want and what we're lacking.  Or, we can choose to see God in it all ... A broken arm requiring surgery, traffic jams increasing the time of our commute, a minor fender bender, discovering the sound coming from our van was due to a leak in a hose, a flat tire, 'sleepless' nights wondering when our new mattress would finally arrive, faulty computer
hard drive, long division ... why do I need to remember this? ... Amusement park field trip canceled due to rain, intermittent internet that said missionary can't seem to remember life without, waiting for chairs that were not ordered correctly ... I'll stop there, you get the picture.  In light of eternity or even joy, NONE of these are life altering problems, but my attitude seemed to become life altering as the list continued to grow.

As my eye rolling, annoyed countenance faced each one of these 'things' I wanted to yell "Owwy, owwy, owwy, this really hurts my belly!" ... However, in attempt to keep things in perspective, I'm choosing to look inward. My heart reflects who I truly am, not my circumstances or what others think of me. In the profoundest parts of my soul, there is a light of hope. For me, it's a beautiful shade of aqua marine, teal, celeste blue, sparkling and bringing warmth and light to my soul. It's His sweet presence reminding me that ... Come life, come death, come what may, I want to draw others to the source of my hope ... Jesus.

Looking through His eyes ... Choosing joy ... Sharing hope

Life on the Mountain 
They all came ... 31 new Vida220 students, 7 leaders and 5 interns from 7 different countries! The last two weeks seem to be a blur of activity as we prepared for and welcomed this crew ... Rain that seemed like the faucets of Heaven would not shut off ... The overarching event of this past week however was Adam's adventure with a broken arm.  A closed compound fracture, open reduction, internal (temporary) fixation surgery to repair it, and waking up a groggily sweet little boy ... he spoke to me and all medical personal in Spanish through the whole ordeal!

Praises
Safe arrival of all the students and staff
Knowledgeable Doctors and nurses who care about a little boys desires
Power of prayer, feeling His peace that passes all understanding
Night out and laughter with friends
Healing tears that flow freely and not hiding emotions

Prayers
Complete healing of Adam's arm
VidaNet's vehicles ... does God have a mechanic? we are in serious need!
Hansel's knee, Austin's cold
Our neighbor's salvation
Nellie as she seeks Father's heart


Mom, can you cut my hair?! ...
Entertainment while waiting in line at the border!

Super Men! Off to save the world together ...

Yes, it's chocolate ... Yes, it's coffee ... Yes, it's 7:00 pm
End of fall break treat!

This photo is not reversed ... HE'S in the drivers seat ...
practicing his skills any chance he can!
Unfortunately, you have to be 18 to drive in CR.

Gowned up and ready to roll with Dr. Jenkins ...
Mama got a ride into the OR too!

Paw Patrol, Ritz crackers and lemonade ...
just what the Doctor ordered!

"Tomorrow I get a new and smaller cast!"

Never too old for Legos ...
"Small Village" stories and creativity ...
the best of times with brothers!



No comments:

Post a Comment