Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Monday, October 15, 2018

Letting Go in His Embrace

My favorite mug ...
I'm holding to much.  Not holding onto ... you can have my new mattress, my plates, my favorite blankie, my butterfly pillows, my 'stuff', my clothing I might hold onto a little tighter but you can have it, my favorite coffee mug ... well, ummm, nope, sorry, I'm holding onto that, it's one of those sentimental things.  Anyway, you get the picture. What I'm talking about is letting go of, Every. Single. Thing ...

In His typical fashion, once again He used my relationship with my earthly soulmate to remind me ... I need to let go.  In the groggy recesses of sleep land my tense shoulders started to wake my brain for the day. He reached over to kiss sleep good bye and hug me with the rising sun of a new day. I didn't relax. Let me say that again. If not for your sake, but to remind me of the absurdity of the moment. I didn't relax in those strong, protective, manly arms Father has blessed me with here on this earth. "I have to much on my mind," my soul argued with it's Creator as if He didn't understand. The arms didn't move, in fact they got heavier as they dabbled with entering dreamland once again. "These are MY arms holding you, Just. Let. Go." My soul started to protest once again, "but this and this and this ..." In that moment, it was as a parents finger quieting the lips of a stubborn child that I felt my shoulders start to relax in His (and his) embrace.  Can you picture it? Stiff, tense, stubborn child who finally gives up the fight and melts into her Father's embrace ...

I can't possibly hold it all or hold it all together. He wants to carry, lead, anoint, and bless the work of my hands. It starts by letting go. In this preposterous way of thinking, there comes a peace in the storm raging in my mind ... Deuteronomy 33:12 “Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders.”

"Letting go of every single thing, I lay each one down at Your feet. Mighty Warrior, King of the fight. No matter what I face, You're by my side."

Life on the Mountain
Attempting to keep things in perspective! Nurse clinic open for business ... this felt like the easiest way to capture all the medical needs in one place.  With 52 students, staff and interns living at Casa VidaNet, there are a lot of nursing/mom questions.  Trying to care for "Us" in the chaos of the week. The gift of an English library once again. Friday, the glorious gift of a sleep over for Micah and Joseph and feeling connected! Saturday was a day of pampering the El Nido mama's with a spa day. Celebrating Dia de Cultura (Day of Culture) with school and church ... Of course Amish Whoopie pies are the perfect treat to share with Amish Culture! And ... yesterday celebrating Joseph's 14th birthday!

Praises
Micah and Joseph feeling connected, thanks for praying!
Our van is back in action
Cedcas clinic who blesses our ministry with reasonable medical care and answers my many questions!
Adam is adjusting to life as a lefty, running, jumping and skipping like a normal boy!
Celebrating a year of growth and life for Joseph
Laughing with Austin, Evan and Sara ... good for our souls

Prayers
Our cook situation, may we all know Father's will for this situation.
We're in need of a cleaning person by November 7th.
William, Laura and Willie as they embark on Missions in Spain
Healing on our family and students
Safety for all the travels happening this week
Parenting Jedidiah
Resting in His embrace and knowing how to let go

Declan ... Precious little man ... wearing Daryl's Eagles hat!
Adjusting to life as a lefty ... Rocky Raccoon came home from school with Adam because of good behavior!
Date with dad ... flat bread pizza ...
Discussing life as an almost 14 year old.

El Nido Spa day ...

Foot soak and massage for the younger generation

El Nido Spa day ...
One of those professions you take with you where ever you go!

Calzones and Shrimp ... Happy 14th birthday Joseph!
Cake in a Mug with Austin, Evan and Sarita ...
Can't believe we forgot to sing to him!



The peace of letting go in His embrace ...
 He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.  Isaiah 40:11


No comments:

Post a Comment