Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, June 2, 2019

His Glory in Gray Hair

Drying out after the downpour! 
Remember when we were young and ... dumb? How about young and invincible? Perhaps it doesn't sound as foolish to say young and never thinking of getting old? Young and able to run miles without pain, strain or fear of tomorrow? Never giving thought to the effects of those cheesy fries at midnight or the suns golden rays a noontime! Oh I'm sure we thought about 'in years to come' because of mother's warnings. But we felt invincible, never fearing age, gray hair or a diminishing waistline. If 5 pounds were gained today, they could be lost tomorrow. If gray hair sprang to attention, there were no wrinkles to accompany it and thus it was plucked from existence with peals of laughter! Bare with me, this is an issue near and dear to my heart ...

My body isn't full proof, it's human. I'm not meant to keep this body for eternity, no need to be attached it it, right? Choosing to believe in the fallacy that I'll have it forever is like thinking my pre-child waistline will return when my years of being the barer of life are completed. The truth is, no amount of 'whatever' will bring my waistline back, hide the wrinkles and gray or erase the years of carefree living in my younger years. I don't want to get old. Mature, wise and full of grace and beauty of course, but old, NO way! I'm having a hard time coming to grips with these changes in my body while reflecting on the truth that I am made in His image ... I know, pride right?

Without question, my hearts desire is to represent HIS image to those around me. To be full of His heart and love with a self confidence in my changing body that can only come from reveling in the fact that I am His beloved! But the truth is, I really struggle with representing His image with gray hair, wrinkles and a 'larger than before' waistline. His gentle prompting is sort of a step beyond His grace being sufficient for me. In my weakness He is strong. He knows my struggle, but more that that, He knows my heart. I can only hope that in sharing this weakness, He will in one form or another, be made strong, His glory will be revealed. If we are created in His image, He quite possibly could have gray hair, wrinkles and a waistline that denotes giver of life. I'm pretty sure He's laughing at that one ... Perhaps it's better to focus on being made in the image of His heart ... When people see me, am I an image bearer of the Savior of my soul or an image bearer of the society in which He's planted me?

Maturing body ... My heart belongs to Him ... Reflecting His glory through gray hair

Life on the Mountain
Mimi and Pop-pop returned from celebrating their 50th anniversary to spend 2 more weeks with us ... An unexpected lunch date and laughter with church friends ... another ER visit this time due to intense back pain revealing a inactive tumor on my spinal column ... never fear, Mimi is here! She took care of the house and boys while pop-pop built book shelves and played with the boys ... Friday family night, hot dogs, macc n cheese and Little House on the Prairie ... Making memories from a Saturday afternoon down pour and s'mores over the grill with Martin and Dolores ... Girls night, guys night and Golf ... Enjoying the delicacy of Applebees with Mimi and Pop-pop ... Extended Family Wii time ... Praying for healing and receiving prayer ... Reflecting on His image. 

Praises
Mimi and Pop-pop in Costa Rica and safe return to PA
Doctors who patiently explain what's going on and answer my myriad of questions
Holy Spirit encounters
Byron's creativity in cooking
Time spent with Adam's school buddy and his mom
Soccer Saturday

Prayers
Complete healing for: my back, Delynn's hip, Gloria's elbow
Parenting Jedidiah
Healing for Nellie
Discernment for time in PA
Couple coming for Honduras for Cook and Maintenance
Housing and vehicle for fall Home leave

Surprise lunch at Smash Burger ...
Really, they didn't have enough food at the fellowship meal!

Acting out the Crucifixion ... train em' while they're young!

First lost tooth ... "It didn't even hurt mom!"
,
The gift of free golf clubs and a buddy to golf with! 

Checking out the sights near and far
It really was sudden! ... 
When you can't run for safety ...

Lincoln Logs ... remembering my childhood!

One final pic ...
Joseph is as tall as Mimi, her hair is just puffier!

Pale yellow hospital gown ...
Little things that make me happy!

It was time for a new hammock ...
Pop pop needed a place to read and rest! 
One of Pop-pop's projects


Extended family Wii time ...


Date night with the older two ... Cinnabon!
Finding a school buddy while playing Futbol!

Adam was proud to wear a hand-me-down ...
from 11 years ago!

Throwback to show when the "hand-me-down"
was first worn by Micah! 





No comments:

Post a Comment