Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Coffee, Chocolate and Testosterone

Literally ... coffee, chocolate and testosterone! 
Today I celebrated with these three elements. My heart is content ... I was given permission to sleep in, spoiled with treasures of the aforementioned flavors, indulged in a shared morsel of chocolate cake with caramel filling as a pre-breakfast snack, taken to brunch at my favorite Creperia, read a few library books to 1/2 of my Mighty men, took a nap until a slight tremor (maybe the aftershock) and thunder summoned me from my dreamy abyss and now ... I'm enjoying the solitude during a torrential down pour while sharing life and another cup of coffee with you all. (And, I've heard rumor the day could possibly end with the delicacy of rolled ice cream!) Although I may paint this day to be heavenly perfect thus far ... coffee, chocolate and love from testosterone clad humanity ... it's had some rather human moments that have made me ponder my call in life and the reason we are celebrating. Motherhood.

So many thoughts jockeying for position in the frailty of my thinking. Pride: "Your boys are so mature, respectful and God honoring." Failure: When yelling supersedes life-giving conversation and fills my heart with angst. Uncertainty: Fear of the future when I think of how my choices in life affect them. Elation: When they make a choice to put others first, minister to those around them and bare their soul. Humility: When they boldly speak the heart of their Father and I realize how far I have yet to grow. Yearning: Desiring deep seeded peace, complete abandon to Father's will and for them to learn from my mistakes and realizing they need to walk their own journey. Contentment: They take care of their Mama, each one in their own unique way, I wouldn't trade them for the world ... however, if unlimited chocolate and coffee are part of the deal ...

I've been given the opportunity to develop the call and character of God in their lives. Ultimately and with great relief, it's His grace that does this. I am their Mother. The human vessel He chose to be the bearer of life for these 4 Mighty Men and the 2 raising a ruckus beyond the pearly gates. My biography of motherhood could be filled with a litany of failures, defeats, lost hopes and dreams ... However, there is a glorious peace. His grace has chosen to rewrite this biography on my heart. I belong to Him, His thoughts define me, not my ability or failure to mother these treasures. His grace is sufficient, as I turn my human eyes to my giver of life, THIS is His promise, "My grace is sufficient for you"!

Celebrating Mother's day ... Trusting His redeeming grace ... Shepherding HIS Mighty Warriors

Life on the Mountain
Welcoming the life of 8 Mighty Men from Florida to continue the process of our kitchen remodel ... "What am I going to put in all these cupboards?!" ... Joining ranks to feed the the masses this week ... Very special airport run to hug Mimi and Pop-pop and bring them to our mountain top home for 3 weeks ... Visiting the library with Mimi and Pop-pop ... Cleaning and moving into the kitchen in time to welcome a Vida Missions group ... Cooking with Marjorie, the sweet angel God sent to help me cook this weekend ... Sharing life with staff ... praying, working, laughing, crying, encouraging and raising His mighty warriors!

Praises
Kitchen cupboards
Majorie, Byron, Sara, Aidy and Jenny to cook for Casa VidaNet
Community living to support, encourage and pray together
His grace is sufficient, even in motherhood!
Life in our marriage
Go Honduras participants, Lord call them!

Prayers
Healing for my lower back that I injured during the kitchen cleaning, moving process
Approval of Sara's visa (pray for favor Tuesday a.m.)
Healing for Kara's stomach, back and foot
To trust Him with the lives of these 4 treasures we're shepherding
Housing, a place of refuge for our family, during our 3 month home leave this fall
Grace to put each other first

Look what we found ...
 "Hoover's Barrel Root Beer" in Costa Rica!

Thanks Drew buddy! ... Yes, I will share!

Of course you can have Pop-Tarts! ...
What other treats can Mimi and Pop-pop buy for you?

The snack that smiles back! ...
Of course Mimi and Pop-pop brought you Goldfish!

When your wedding gift mixer dies after 18 years ...
 of course I ordered a pale yellow one!

Yes, it's on our porch ...
Yes, it's dead ...
Yes, it's the size of a pencil
No, it's not a worm!

Storm trooper moth!

Bringing life to the kitchen ... Marjorie, Byron and Jedi ...
Many hands made lots of work more fun!

Celebrating Rice and Beans and Caribbean night
with this crazy crew ...
The things they encourage!

"The Saturday morning sky above Costa Rica’s Central Valley featured a (relatively) rare optical phenomenon known as a sun halo or 22 degree halo."

Words from Mama's heart! ... 

Rumors came true ... Rolled ice cream and
Little House on the Prairie to end the night!
Psalm 91:4
Under His wings I find refuge
... because ...
His grace is sufficient for me!
2 Corinthians 12:9




No comments:

Post a Comment