Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, May 5, 2019

Keeping the Old, New

My new has become old ... Can it be made new again? Or rather, can old be kept new? I'm not talking
Sugar rush ... Sunday supper!
about up-cycling or recycling. Although I have loved my Mom-mom dresses tailored to my form paired with a matching sweater that used to grace her tender shoulders. And I can still feel the softness of the fabric I salvaged for a shift dress crafted from Ma-maw's "old work dress" ...  That favorite shirt turned into a stuff bag ... t'shirts armed caped crusaders for the fight ... from boxers and jeans, quilts were created with love ... t'shirts became pillows to keep the memory alive ... dress shirts to dresses ... scraps became treasures and memories from yesteryear were kept alive by making old, new again! 

Ok, let's refocus, take a more Godly approach to up-cycling my old! I'm talking about the new, moving to CR, is now old, settled into routine. It's fostered this yearning in me to say "what needs to change?" This yearning is a very settled, hopeful feeling, not one that leaves me restless. It's not about looking to the next new thing, or restlessly wandering around looking for a new adventure. It's not about staying in CR or moving back to the States or elsewhere. No matter where I move, stay, come or go, whether I like routine or constant change, Father needs to breath His life into my routine. That's what keeping the old new is all about. 

Asking Father to breath His life in me daily, renewing my spirit so that it feels fresh, alive and ready for the next encounter He leads me to.  Whether said encounter is the boys asking for the 10,000th time what's for dinner or the waiter asking why we moved to CR ... I need the freshness of His presence so my response isn't old, annoying or frustrated. It's remembering why He called, how I answered and seeing His glory revealed. While old may be steady, stable routine, new is ... Asking Father to open the eyes of my heart to see what He sees, laying down my rights and choosing obedience, listening to His voice and not ignoring His promptings, practicing Mary-ing instead of Martha-ing ... all in the old routine of daily life. Father, what do I need to change to keep the old, new?

Inviting pruning ... Up-cycling my routine ... Keeping the old, new

Life on the Mountain
Migraines and making amends ... Adam learning how to ride bike and roller skating ... Packing up El Nido and dreaming for the future ... Planning meals and Parasite meds ... Coughs, colds and midnight drinks ... Playing drums and the sweet sound of his guitar ... The joy of Soccer Saturday once again ... Good bye to one and welcoming another ... Praying for youth to come and being refreshed at youth group ... Veggie Tales laughter and snuggles on the couch ... Breathing deep the wind of His Holy Spirit.

Praises
A place to stay for our week of retreat in July
Healing from stomach issues
Work team arrived safely
Jedidiah's gift of drumming
A day to get homework done
Daryl's tender heart and listening ear for his wifey
Dedication and commitment to start a youth group at our church

Prayers
Micah and Joseph finishing their school year
Micah's summer plans for Go Honduras
Housing, a place of refuge for our family, during our 3 month home leave this fall.
Mimi and Pop-pop traveling to CR on Tuesday
Luis' mom, tumor removed awaiting pathology results
Adam to be a good example to his little buddies
Soulmate for Jedidiah
Keeping our old, new

Community living ... 

Helping mom in the kitchen ...
thankful for the gift of Micah!

Theme day, movie/book character or sports hero?
When you have a cold your sticky mustache becomes a uni-brow!

Two sets of twins ... my girls and mighty men!
OH-IO and Heredia

Cleaning up the El Nido boutique ... 

God given gift ... his heart, his passion ...
the noise!

Isaiah 26:8-9 ...
Your name and renown are the desire of our hearts.
My soul yearns for you in the night;
in the morning my spirit longs for you!






No comments:

Post a Comment