Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Opening The Box

Elijah Zachary 8/11/11 ... 17 weeks
As I took my first sip and soaked in the savory aroma of my morning java, the date caught my eye.  Immediately, a flood of emotions filled my heart as a tear forced it's way over the brink of my lashes onto the slippery slope of my recently moisturized cheek.
"It's August 11th," I said.  
Voicing this simple declaration opened, The Box.  Although this Box was so neatly tucked away in the recesses of my memories, it has never been completely "wax seal" stamped. Other boxes have been stacked in front of it, however, the intimate glow of the memories in this box allows me to find it easily and share it's story often. Today, as I gave permission for my emotions to express themselves in a river of tears, the pain in the story of this box felt like it was lived yesterday. Yet due to the magnitude of life lived in the past seven years since this box was shelved, the story it contains feels like it was painted on it's bleak canvas a lifetime ago.

I closed my eyes, let the tears fall and listened as my soulmate read His promises. The question that lingered ... "How has Father met your needs during a difficult time when things didn't go as planned?" ... opened The Box in it's entirety.  I could see and feel His comforting presence as this journey played out in my mind. Seven years ago, I held to my faith and HOPE that there was a reason and purpose for this anguish. Today, He showed me the multitude of opportunities for LIFE that came from this unwelcome death. He WAS there with us. He WAS holding my hand as we entered that place of  'bringing life' while death swallowed us. He WAS giving me words of hope to share as 'she' sat at my bedside crying and wanting to know about my faith. He WAS holding our precious wee one as he left the security of my womb. He WAS the peace that blanketed me on those sleepless, tear-soaked nights. He WAS the arms that strengthened me to hold 'another one' through the sheer emptiness of her loss. He WAS by my side as I took part in 'her' wee one filling his lungs with the breath of life. His WAS the voice that spoke of LIFE and HOPE rising from the ashes. He IS the One who continues to show me open doors to speak of HIS life because things didn't go as I had planned!

Not as planed ... Seeking opportunities for life ... He is my HOPE

Life on the Mountain
The overarching theme of the week was, Graduation! ... The good byes do NOT get any easier. We are eternally blessed to witness the gift of seeing these 37 students and leaders grow, change, mature and deepen their love for Father over these past 10 months! ... Joseph started 9th grade. How can it be that we have two in high school? ... Thankful for the gift of living in community and grateful for the gift of 'quiet' family evenings at home ... Soccer Saturday was extra special sharing it with friends ... while Saturday afternoon was extra quiet giving way to an hour of reading bliss! ... This week was filled with Father's presence even when things didn't go as planned.

Praises
We have a house available for us this fall!
The joy of sharing heart to hearts with Nellie
Celebrating Graduation with 37 Vida220 students and leaders
The English library and the gift of choosing 38 books
Afternoons with Adam
Finding ways to fight FOR Jedidiah instead of fighting AGAINST him
Katerine and Meli filling the kitchen with life and laughter, they are a gift!

Prayers
Rosita, the mom of a dear friend, is in critical condition due to a head injury from a fall, pray for a miracle!
VidaNet's upcoming support banquets in Ohio and PA   https://www.facebook.com/pg/vidanet.cr/events/
Healing for Daryl, bronchitis and 'never ending' head cold
Opportunities to speak of His life to our neighbors and through daily interactions
Companionship for Jedidiah
Unity in our leadership team as we are apart for a season
Plans and timing for our home leave this fall



Joseph practicing his cooking skills ...
Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole for breakfast ...
He passed! 

Rainy afternoons and books ...
"Lets snuggle and read Mama!"

Celebrating CR Mother's Day (8/15) with
Mount House School ...

Mother's Day take two with Church ...
CR Mother's Day is a huge celebration! ...
So proud to be Mama of these 4 Mighty Men!

Communication time ... 2 hours a week ...
sacred ground ... don't steal my internet! 

Meli and Katerine ...
Cooking with seasonings, love and laughter

There's one in every school ...
Adam's girlfriend!

Some of the special ones ...
He loved the connection and their attention! 

Dressed in The Armor of Light ...
Now GO and be world changers! 

Mama typically avoids these 8 legged creatures ...
This one was SO intriguing! ...
It's not cargo, it's a shield on it's back!

Habakkuk 3:17-19
Though "things don't go as planned" ...
Yet, I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior!
The Sovereign Lord is my strength, He makes my feet like the feet of a deer and enables me to go on the heights.
"He meets my needs"
"How has Father met your needs during a difficult time when things didn't go as planned?"



No comments:

Post a Comment