Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, August 4, 2019

Taking the Stand

The tree is growing with them!
It's quite humbling when Father has to remind me of something I used to be so passionate about! I prayed on these 6 articles for those coming, going and traveling the world over ... I made knight caricatures to accompany our mighty men as they entered the gates of public school ... these sacred articles were second nature to my thinking. If I was confused and seeking direction, I prayed it over my mind. When the enemy's lies tried to turn my eyes from the Speaker of Truth, I girded up my waist and took up It's power in my hand. If there was distention in the ranks and a fight ensued, I shod my feet and marched forward into battle with peace. No flaming arrows of doubt, lies or insecurities would penetrate my mustard seed faith. Clad in The Armor of light I felt the supernatural powers of Wonder Woman as I held my head high and confidently declared, "When the day of evil comes, I will stand my ground ... Stand firm!" Well ... needless to say, Father seemed to be having the time of His life today reminding me of these actions I used to be so passionately deliberate about!

He asked, "What lies are you believing?" ... a.k.a. "What devices is the enemy of lies using to hinder and stunt my spiritual growth?" ... I'm a defeated mother who doesn't know how to parent This one ... I've chosen "for better" but not "for worse"... busyness is next to Godliness, (you know, because if I don't do it, it won't get done) ... weight, I'd feel better about myself with less ... I will come away with You when there's time ... If everyone around me were happy, I'd be happy too ...

Then He asked, "Why are you fighting against flesh and blood in your own strength?" ... "Remember the look in the Deceiver's eyes when you spoke with authority? Remember how he cowered and trembled when you stood your ground girded in The Armor of Light?" ... I could feel His strength arising as I contemplated the scene that played out before my minds eye. As I watched, there seemed to be spoken words pouring from Pastor Martin's mouth.  However, I knew in my spirit, they were being spoken from the heart of The Speaker of Truth.  As I mentally started from the top down, I placed on the first article, the Armor's power began pouring over my ravaged, humanity clad soul.  His eyes so full of compassion yet blazing with the fire of righteous indignation, He girded me up to take my stand and whispered, "I know your heart, and I don't listen to Satan's lies about you! Stand firm!"

Humbly reminded ... Taking my stand ... Girded in the Armor of Light

Life on the Mountain
Dutch Blitz from 6 years to 49 years, laughter around the table ... with a different schedule this week, there seemed to be lots of forgetting to remember, which I eventually remembered ... welcoming the students back from L10 and basking in the glory of Father's provision as they shared their stories ... celebrating a day off school with The Lion King and Auntie Anne soft pretzels ... feeling blessed to know these 37 students and leaders who are passionate about HIM!

Praises
His Armor fits perfectly
I forgot I had back pain ... wait, that means there isn't any!
"Bite Your Tongue Thursday" ... practicing life giving words
A counselor who is taking time to walk with us
Your affirmation and support to Stand Firm with us!

Prayers
Healing for Daryl - chest cold and congestion
VidaNet's upcoming Support Banquets, increased funds for the ministry
His banner to cover these 37 students and leaders as they graduate this Friday
Housing for our home leave this fall ... please let us know if you have options for us to consider
Trust in Father's timing for our home leave
Taking time to rest, rejuvenate and restore


Family Game night ... Dutch Blitz! 
This boy ... 


Feeling what Jesus felt ...

"Act like you're hitting me and I'll be dead" ... 

Finished school, now what? ...
Putting a puzzle together without the picture on the box! 

Half price movie and ... It was in English! 


"I'll wash the dishes mama!"

Cheeseburger soup! ...
The only sound around the table was, "mmmmm"
Ephesians 6:10-17
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment