Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Singing Over Me

There's a new song arising in the hearts of His children ... 
Two weeks and counting, this song has been on my heart 24/7 and it literally won't stop ... Praise God! When I hear it sung over me I weep at the peaceful beauty that flows over my soul.  As my mind sings it, I feel as though I'm dancing in His arms.  At times these words have been obscured by fear, anger, frustration and doubt.  However, as He stands there waiting by the quiet waters, looking all dapper in His tunic and flowing hair, He woos my attention back to Him and the song returns, renewing my spirit, soul and mind.  He's sung to me before, usually when I'm walking  through a 'valley'.  This time however ... it's like He's encouraging me that He knows my heart, literally this is the song of my heart!

Indulge, if you will, in these ramblings of my mind ...  Having this constant song on my heart feels a bit like I'm using my gifts, "Martha-ing" while my soul is "Mary-ing".  Is that even possible?  I've not yet tested this theory but here's my hypothesis ... While I'm certainly not negating the need to 'come away with Him and rest between His shoulders' ... oh sweet peace ... I'm contemplating how these two giftings go hand in hand. I mean, Martha and Mary were sisters, right?  Couldn't their gifts fit together? 

He has given me the gift of "Martha-ing", serving and caring for others to honor Him.  As any Mama knows (or any person for that matter), if I'm strictly "Martha-ing about" doing just to do without the joy of serving, I become weary and heavy laden. What I'm learning is "Mary-ing" is a gift too.  Doesn't that feel delightful?  Sitting at His feet and having that deep seeded faith of knowing that He is faithful, He is good and His promises are true. Always!  Can I please have the gift of "Mary-ing"?!  Quite frankly, "Mary-ing" is what He created me for ... to be in relationship with Him.

And, now to my theory ... As I use my Martha gifts, having this song on my heart has given me this deep seeded joy that comes from a Mary gifting!  Perhaps I've come full circle since my 1/27/19 post and I'm learning that it doesn't need to be one or the other.  Doing while Being is Continual Abiding! Has it really taken me 47 years to grasp this? ... Nah, I prefer to think it's just His perfect timing!

The song that never ends ... Hypothesis proved ... Oh how He patiently loves me

(The Goodness of God, Bethel music)

Back update
We got a second opinion for my back due to the start of tingling down my right leg and foot.  Repeat MRI showed two herniated discs had grown to moderately large.  Yesterday, December 9th, I had a minor and very quick surgery to clean up the herniated discs and biopsy the tumor/lesion in the same area. Now I have 2 weeks of restrictions to use my Mary gift as others Martha for me!  Feeling grateful for a capable hubby and helpful mighty men, being surrounded by family and friends and the song on my heart filling me with peace!

Life in Lancaster Co.
Sharing our hearts and God's story with Carpenter Church ... Feasting on the sweetness of Father's presence, rest, and the beauty of 12 inches of fresh fallen snow in Penn Yan, New York ... A safe place to hear, receive and process through 'what we need to work on' to experience continual abiding ... The thrill of the hunt and enjoying His surroundings without the reward of big game ... Grammie and cousin sleepovers ... A very quick weekend wedding in Costa Rica celebrating with Vinny and Carmelinda as Father showered His favor on their beautiful day ... CR neighbors invitation for dinner ... and the normal stuff of life, school, work, youth group, shoo fly pie and cheeze-its ...

Praises
Sleeping at home in Costa Rica felt like home!
Successful surgery, no complications, recovering in the care of my mighty men
Being surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses who are praying us through
Beautiful CR wedding and safe travel for all involved
Laughter and dancing with my handsome hubby ... time to be a couple!
New and old partners who believe in what Father desires to do in CR
Seeing the sun through the clouds as Father spoke through Penn Clark
Tools in hand to train our physical eyes to see what HE sees

Prayers
Daryl's hearing is affected by the fluid and congestion in his sinus' ... awaiting CT results
Healing on Adam's ears, his hearing is very diminished after his recent ear infection
Illumination from the Holy Spirit as we work through the tools mentioned above
Financial partners to be 100% funded for our second term emm.org/donate
God connections, knowing what He wants us to do while we rest
Getting residency papers in order
Parenting Jedidiah
Peace to let go of our return to CR date ... His perfect timing is ... well, perfect!
Vida220 students as they finish up these last 10 days of training
Quality family time as we celebrate Jesus
*How can we pray for you?

Thankful to be driving in daylight hours ...
I'm no snow bunny but this beauty is hard to beat! 

"Cabin Boy" connections ...
You guys are amazing, Joseph is even playing a game!!

When uncle Jeeg finds a bargain ...
left over Doggie Halloween costumes make the perfect hat!

Mimi, you finally have someone to help you wash the dishes! 

Being spoiled by Mimi's affection and attention ... 
"You're 6 years old ... it's about time you learn to ride by yourself!"
Big brother Micah's patience!

Not sure who had more fun ... Pop-pop or the boys!
Arcade, Laser tag, Mini bowling, bumper cars!
 
Sunday afternoon rest ...

"Let's get all Mimi's stuffed animals out that we used to play with!"

8:00 Sunday morning greeters! 
You are my lamp O Lord; You turn my darkness into light!
2 Samuel 2:29




No comments:

Post a Comment