Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Monday, August 29, 2016

Breakfast and The Bucket List

We decided our first day of school needed to start with ... a walk to Weisers to say hi to Anita (our crossing guard) and to feast on some delicious Weisers donuts for breakfast!  

At breakfast we discussed the POC (plan on care) for the first day of home school ... I felt like I was at work planning my care for various patients on my shift!  Micah and Joseph decided to be stationed upstairs, side by side in the office to help each other if necessary.  First day success … they have done everything completely independent, this in itself is the most amazing answer to prayer.  Joseph said, "Mom, so far I like it better than regular school." ... Now, I know this is the first day of a very new thing, however Joseph having such a positive start to the day is a blessing from Father.  Micah had a few questions and some ideas how to make things run smoother, but overall he thinks it will be fine and hopefully easier than real school!  Jedidiah ... again, prayers are much appreciated!  We did OK the first morning together, it got too long for him because mom was trying to help him figure everything out and he's a "happy clicker". Two subjects done and he is currently running off some energy outside.  We'll tackle the last 2 subjects this afternoon while Adam naps.  Micah, my tech support, showed me how to listen to the lessons instead of reading them all ... this will be a super great thing for Jedidiah who said, "Mom, this is boring reading all this stuff!"  Adam ... "I do home school today and I go work too by myself in the car!"  He has always played well by himself and today proved the test.  He was briefly entertained with some fun vocab videos Jedidiah was watching and snuggled on my lap a bit in between Monster truck races. For the most part, he played contentedly as long as he knew we were all close by.  I can't wait to hear all he's soaking up as he hears Jedidiah's lessons!    

"Finding peace in the chaos" Today I read from Isaiah 40 God comforting his people ... vs 11 brought comfort to my soul ...  "He tends his flock like a shepherd, He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."  He is gently leading us through this journey of home school, he is "snuggling" us close to his heart and we are refreshed in His presence!

Bucket list … We asked the boys to come up with a “bucket list” of sorts … A list of things they wanted to do before we leave for CR.  We asked them to decide together and narrow the list down to 5 things they want to do.  The cabin, beach, sleepovers with cousins etc doesn’t count because those things are already planned.  This past Saturday night we checked one off the list … The Buck! Daddy packed supper and headed south with 4 very excited boys in tow.  Monster Trucks, Tuff Trucks, and the sights, smells and sounds of ‘Southern End culture’ awaited.  Apparently all the pregnant mamas didn’t think 8/27/16 was a good delivery date so my night at work ended early allowing me to join the laughter and excitement at … The Buck! 

Praises
The anxiety of starting home school is over 
I actually finished this blog while Jedidiah was doing math! 
Monthly supporters
The perfect size camo pants for Micah to go hunting, $2.70!
Celebrating 15 years of Wedded bliss (9.2.01)

Prayers
Safe travels for Delynn & Gloria driving to CR
Renters for our current house
Monthly supporters emm.org/donate
Patience with home school
Permanent base for VidaNet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCXiBUGDCnw
Health and healing, Daryl and I have sore throats & cough


No comments:

Post a Comment