Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Zip-lock Bags and Squirrels in DC

What does one do when presented with a free Sunday afternoon allowing time to think and contemplate your upcoming major life change?  Well, for starters, a nap is essential … I am absolutely certain God is fully in favor of naps … what else could it mean when His Word says “He rested” … Now, the day looms ahead and the lists are trying to organize in my mind.  But alas, Sunday is a day of rest so I have opted to reflect on what happens when my plans for the day transform into HIS plans.  As He calls me to “rest in the shadow of the Almighty” I trust that he will even watch over my lists, details and burdens of the day! His perfect peace which transcends all understanding is guarding my heart and mind in Christ Jesus!

My last blog ended with a prayer request for a 4x6 enclosed trailer.  The hope was for this trailer to be laden with our earthly treasures and transported to Costa Rica … I failed to mentioned this request had a time limit.  If we chose to participate in this adventure, we had TWO weeks to find a trailer and redirect our thoughts from:
A: moving to CR and furnishing our home with things purchased there to B: purchasing here, packing the said trailer and transporting these earthly treasures to CR NOW.  Essentially, God’s timing is always perfect for our lives.

“My hearts finding peace in the chaos, I’m ready at last to move on … So hold me close, don’t let me fall, it’s a chance to prove, Jesus I trust in YOU!” … Kutless
See praises for contents!

Enter the picture … Zip-lock bags!   Hindsight is usually 20/20 which causes me to love reflecting on God’s perfect timing.  It just so happens the weeks of August 1st and 8th, we had “no other plans” … God’s perfect time for us to receive a donated 5x8 trailer and fill the XX-Large Zip-lock packing bags I purchased on Walmart clearance a few months ago.

One week ago, I found myself looking back on the whirlwind we just flew through and looking forward to 2 leisurely weeks of calm to do some occasional thinking, packing, planning … resting. Why not use these two weeks to purchase, pile and pack?  Friday as I was driving to work my anxiety was high and my shoulders were tense from a week of decisions … His gentle reminder came from Psalm 34:15 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their cry … “my heart’s finding peace in the chaos …”



Enter the scene … “Squirrels in DC”.  Yesterday we journeyed to Washington DC and participated in a worship set at David’s Tent with our youth group. I was overwhelmed with His love as God opened up the Heavens and Rained down his peace in the midst of my chaos.  Worshiping with fellow believers, praying for His heart to be revealed to the lost, dancing in the rain and watching Adam feed cheez-its to a squirrel were healing to my soul! “my hearts finding peace in the chaos …”



Praises
-4 XX-Large Zip-lock bags packed with the following: 4 comforters, 1 blanket, 8 twin sheet sets, 5 towels, 4 hand towels, 8 washcloths
-Donated 5x8 trailer and a dear friend who knows about vehicle Titles
-30% Kohls discount and Door Buster Deals
-the gift of school supplies, packing containers and ‘missionary’ suit cases
-dinner with ‘old’ friends and celebrating new life
-Sharp Shopper Platinos and receiving a blessing from the cashier
-affirmation from Monthly partners and prayer warriors

Prayers
 -a sleepover with friends for Joseph
-health and strength
-for the boys to sense peace in the chaos
-home school
-Monthly partners emm.org/donate
-rest for VidaNet staff after a full summer


No comments:

Post a Comment