Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Naps and Walmart

Let this not be confused with Naps “at” Walmart … although I feel like in these last 2 weeks I’ve spent more time at Walmart then in my own bed! My daily naps with Adam transformed into my daily trip to Walmart.  Monday the boxes and containers were filled and itemized, our washer and dryer were ready to be loaded on the trailer and I realized there was a ton of storage space in the drum of each of these items.  What does one pack in an empty washing machine drum?  Pillows!  Off to Walmart for the first of two trips for the day.  I’m not proud of the fact that I have visited Walmart almost daily the last 2 weeks.  However, as I packed, piled and planned I kept thinking of ‘one more thing’ I should send in the trailer.  Who needs a nap or sleep when our friendly 24 hour Walmart is just down the road!

Today I awoke with thoughts of where I needed to focus on packing for the day.  I wearily crawled out of bed and suddenly had the glorious recollection … The trailer is packed, loaded and heading to Ohio with its final destination … Costa Rica.  So today, I took a nap … a precious gift for my weary body.  Last night as I tucked the boys in bed at 11:15 Micah said, “Mom, tomorrow night can we try to get to bed before 11:00?”  We have all been running on adrenaline as our nights are late, our mornings early and our routine abandoned.

My calm in the midst of the storm … Psalm 121 “I lift my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from? The maker of heaven and earth!  He will not let your foot slip — he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord watches over you — the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm — he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.”  In the midst of our packing frenzy God carved out a week of refreshment for us to relax around the camp fire and enjoy extended time with Daryl’s family at Spruce Lake Retreat.  He is our help!




Adam rockin the socks
and crocks
Somewhere in the chaos of these last 2 weeks’ normal life continued to happen … with all the flurry of activity happening I can hardly fathom how the dust had time to settle, but, it did!  The house still needs cleaned, laundry piles up, meals need planned, and haircuts are a necessity in this summer heat!  In the midst of packing the trailer we’ve enjoyed … Dessert night with cousins, sports camp, playing with puppies, sleep overs with cousins, youth group activities … “no Micah, you didn’t miss the kik, I just didn’t remember you were to bring snacks to share!”, , singing at a memorial service, birthday sleep overs, air guitar bands, house showing to possible renters, roller skating, bike rides, camping, $20.00 in Kohls cash, dinner at mom’s, visiting with Delynn and Gloria, a trip to Cabelas and … trips to Walmart!

Last night as we closed the trailer doors after one more last minute trip to Walmart, I couldn’t hold back the tears.  Tears of gratitude to our Provider, tears of joy for the journey He has us on, tears of sadness as we say see ya later, tears of relief that what’s packed is packed.  And then … we prayed, anointed and declared the van, trailer, and drivers, Delynn and Gloria are the Lords and this journey to from PA to CR will be blessed by the Lord, for His glory!

PA Hoovers and CR Hoovers
Praises
-Joseph is currently enjoying a sleepover with 2 buddies
-donated trailer and new tires
-Dad Diener and all he did to get the trailer road ready
-free bunk bed, washer and dryer,
-monthly financial partners
-opportunities to share God’s faithfulness
-camp fires

Prayers
-starting home school next week ... He is my help!
-renters for our house (the first one fell through)
-someone to do our taxes
-monthly financial partners emm.org/donate
-church connections to share our story
-permanent base for VidaNet www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCXiBUGDCnw

No comments:

Post a Comment