Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Monday, March 27, 2017

Sobras ... Leftovers

Sobras!
Since our move to CR and subsequent loss of our beloved meal swap, I've come to love the practice of ... "Second Shelf Night"! I learned of this event in the wee hours of L/D world from a sweet sista who had the brainiest of ideas.  A night devoted to the second shelf in our fridge where our leftovers collect during the week!  This night is such a gift in that I don't have to think about what to make for supper, only how much time I need to heat them up.  There is always more then enough, always something for everyone, always something that tastes better the second time around and always that last bit of the 'unappreciated' meal that gets tossed into the basura.  This topic of discussion is on my mind because, tonight ... is our beloved "Noche de Sobras" ... "Left over night"!

Feasting at His banqueting table!
I've found myself contemplating the hand of God on our family, the multitude of blessings we are receiving, the affectionate attention Father seems to be devoting to our needs and the magnitude of His constant presence since our move to CR.  Don't get me wrong, we've felt the hand of God in our lives before moving here, we've tasted of His goodness, felt His favor and relished in the comfort of His arms.  However, I've been contemplating the simple fact that His blessings are not "Sobras ... Leftovers"!  His blessings are specific for me, for our family and for each of you reading these ramblings of my mind.  At times His presence is so tangible as we receive this blessing in the flesh. Other times, His presence feels like a dream as we pass through our day 'knowing' He is with us but not always feeling it.

Psalm 36:7-9 How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! We find refuge in the shadow of your wings. and we feast on the abundance of your house; you give us drink from your river of delights. For with you is the fountain of life ...

*Today, may you taste the richness of His banqueting table where there are no leftovers!*

Life in the City ...
Future daughter-in-laws ... MOM!
This week was one of sweet connections ... for me, the one who loves company, has just one more person to catch up with, who wants to stay until everyone leaves ... for me, this week was sweet communion.  For my better half, who is so full of wisdom, this week is why we need down time to reconnect with each other and give our bilingual brains time to rest!  We are making connections (thanks for praying) we were blessed to have company for supper Monday, Tuesday and Friday ... Thursday we had cafe and tortillas with a friend ... Saturday we were blessed with a long anticipated, last minute jaunt to a beautiful Costa Rican beach! ... Our days were full of normal things:  school, studying, preparing meals and finding ways to use up some energy.  And today, I'm resting, allowing my body to recuperate per Dr's orders ... 10:30 pm bedtime Saturday night turned into a marathon I'd rather not run again!  I woke 4 am Sunday with a migraine and spent the day in bed, sleeping, vomiting and being cared for by my beloved hubby who knows just what I need! A 4 pm trip to the Dr., 2 shots, and 2 bottles of "Gatorade" ... fast forward to 9 am Monday, I feel like a new person! Who cares for the nurse when the nurse is sick? ... Her better half ... you know, the one who is full of wisdom!

Praises
-Grandpa, Grandma & Hailey ... thank you Liz for sharing the blessing of your family!
-The gift of cool Aloe Vera Gel for our sun kissed bodies
-My Hubby
-Each of you who are praying us through this journey
-Trip to the Beach
-Connections ... friends new and old
-His fresh blessings daily poured out for each of us

Prayers
-a Vehicle for our family
-Summer schedules with PVM Teams
-Pray for our sleep to be sound
-EMM retreat in Guatemala 4/8-14
-Visit to a Home school coop this Friday!

Talent Show with "friend club"

National team is playing tonight - Yeah!

Alligator Bridge!

First taste of Pacific Ocean 
Roundin' up the troops ...
pleasin' Mom with a photo!

Sun, sand and sweet little feet!

Granizado's ...
perfect way to end a day at the beach!

no words ... just sweet peace ...

Costa Rica bathtub 

Sunset on the beach ... Love this man more than words ...
the gift of HIS favor unending ...

No comments:

Post a Comment