Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Saturday, March 4, 2017

The taste of Rice and Beans to a fourteen year old.

Micah's thoughts ...
When we moved to Costa Rica I didn't know what to expect. I didn't set any high expectations so that I wouldn't be disappointed with what I got. I had a little idea of what it would be like, but I was coming in blind. The first couple of weeks were great and a real eye opener both spiritually and mentally. I feel like I wasn't involved with the ministry unless mom or dad made me. Then came the first worship night. That was amazing! I felt the hand and presence of God all night. No matter what language, Spanish or English, the music was in I still felt and basked in God's everlasting love. That night of worship may not have made a direct change in my life but I felt more in touch and in contact with God. That night was a Spiritual feast and a great refresher for me.Since moving to the city we have only been to one of those worship nights and we will be going to one again soon and I can't wait to commune and fellowship with Jesus like that again.
On the note of a Spiritual feast I have been having physical feast's daily. There is so many great foods that both Mom and Margot have been making for our family. Just the other night Mom made coconut rice with sweet and sour chicken. I ate two plate fulls in the time that Mom ate one plate. At the base fried chicken has been made several times and those have been some of my favorite meals. Costa Rica has a lot of amazing cold snacks. There is these fruit smoothie places called Cosechas. They will mix any kind of fresh fruits together, if they have it. We also have a lot of bakeries that have amazing kinds of bread for sale. Some of the kinds include: emapanadas, donuts, cheese bread, pizza bread, and hot dogs wrapped in croissant.  Costa Rica has been a great experience for me and I hope to share more of my taste later.

Life in the City
Serving
Sunday we had the best time with new friends who speak English ... they have three older boys the same ages as our boys!  It brought tears to our eyes to see the our boys running, laughing, playing and full of life. Adam was entertained by their 5 yr old daughter and we were all enthralled with their sweet 10 month old!  We will definitely meet with them again!
Monday was finally a normal school day, complete with 3 functioning computers, one 9 year old complaining, one 3 year old seeking attention, one 12 year old being distracted by rainbow loom instructional videos, and one disciplined 14 year old asking if he had to write another report or just use one he wrote before!
Tuesday the boys helped serve lunch to kids at a community center, practicing Espanol while Mama and Adam enjoyed some alone time... we had a staff dinner, sharing and prayer time, so good for my soul to have sweet communion again ...
Daryl's accomplishments: bought windshield wipers, got a flat tire patched and bought a "wheel key", ordered and bought pizza, he continues to find our way around the city and is so bold in practicing spanish, I continue to be amazed at him! ... Jedidiah is becoming quite the little cook, he loves to help me in the kitchen and the ants enjoy cleaning up after him! ...  Joseph is a pro at loosing teeth, he has lost SIX teeth in SIX weeks! Joseph enjoys being at home rather than out, so thankful his heart is opening up more each day. Micah is maturing before our eyes, I love his help and heart. He is by far my quickest and most thrifty Market companion! Adam, continues to be a "bringer of light in troubled situations" ... We are so thankful to see the hearts he touches with a simple "Hola" and hug ... Today we rode the train and explored the city of San Jose, trying to have good attitudes when our feet were tired is not an easy task ... We spent a lot of time listening this week ... believing the Lord has made this physical house in the city a life-giving refuge, full of peace to all who cross it's threshold!
Time with Mama
Praises
-New friends
-School computers functioning
-Moravia Mennonite church fellowship
-Healing for Dylan (Adam's little friend)
-Finding Cocoa powder to make Black Bean Brownies!

Prayers
-Peaceful nights of sleep
-Vehicle God has for us
-Finding our next house
-Teams traveling back to the base this week.
Black Bean Brownies, YUM!!

To market, to market ... 

Boy time!
Watching pigeons while people watched us!

Waiting for the train

San Jose' will never be the same again ...

We're done ... can we please go home now?

Whoa, stop!

That's all I have to say about that ...



No comments:

Post a Comment