Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Precious Moments

Home Sweet Home
Pondering how I even begin to share life with you all from the past 2 weeks ... Two weeks ago I flew to Ecuador with Gloria to assist in starting new pregnancy centers. Melissa Heiland, the director of Beautiful Feet International, joined us in Ecuador to do the training/teaching.  Our El Nido crisis pregnancy center in Heredia, Costa Rica started from this organization.  We were full of anticipation and excited to see what God would do ... He did not disappoint!  We anticipated 3 new centers would be birthed however, in the end He multiplied it to 6! And not only were these 6 new centers birthed, a new life was birthed as one of the participants made a choice to trust Jesus with her life while we 'practiced' evangelism!  I can't even begin to describe the light as her face radiated His eternal life giving joy in this decision.

I met many beautiful people, enjoyed sweet fellowship with 'family', explored and indulged in the delicacies of life in beautiful Manta and Guayaquil, Ecuador, survived the boat ride of a lifetime, learned how to make Cafe con Leche Ecuador style, the food ... oh the food ... I didn't know I actually loved Ceviche until I ate it there ... raw fish soaked in lemon juice that "cooks" the impurities out of it ... and who knew you could make Platino Verde (Green Plantain) so many different ways.

A week ago at 2 a.m. we arrived at Guayaquil Ecuador airport ready to return home to CR only to discover I couldn't.  For restrictions I was not aware of, I needed to prove I was immunized against yellow fever before I could enter CR.  But, my husband and 4 boys are expecting me, what do you mean I can't! I needed to be in a yellow fever free zone for a week before entering CR.  Long story short ... I flew to my parents house in PA, God lead me to my immunization card for yellow fever, my anticipated one more week away from home turned into a short "48 hour layover" in PA and ... Wednesday evening I returned home to CR into the anxiously awaiting arms of my Valiant hubby and 4 Mighty men!

In this unexpected detour while longing to be with my men, I felt the favor in the mighty Hand of my God.  I had all I needed in the loving, cozy home of my parents ... flannel sheets, winter clothing packed away there, warm water out of the faucet and LOTS of hugs, tears and joy as I surprised many friends who were not expecting to see me! And ... Customs didn't seem to care that I brought Weisers Donuts, Sweet Bologna and Martins Potato Rolls along back to CR with me!

In CR, life continued as we know it without Mama ... they cooked, cleaned, washed laundry, did school, shopped, communicated ... and trusted He had a plan for this unexpected delay in Mama's return.

His detour ... His purpose ... They survived without me!

Praises
-SIX new crises pregnancy centers birthed!
-Safety ... His angels all around us
-Healing on head colds for all of us
-Timely visit from Grandparents to help care for the boys
-Precious moments to share life with friends in the States
-Christmas shopping at Walmart with my "Sister"
-Capable, intelligent boys to assist Daddy
-The heat of Ecuador, coolness of PA, tropical breezes of CR

Prayers
-Lead us to those who need YOUR love
-Our van ... trip to Nicaragua for visas, needed a jump start 3 hours from home, drove last 1 1/2 hours in the dark without lights.  God, please fix it!
-God, bring women to these 6 new centers who need to know YOUR love
-Lots going on at Casa VidaNet this week, pray for strength
-Healing for my back
-Healing for Delynn 
-Finances for VidaNet vidanetonline.org/friends-vidanet
*Ask us how you can sponsor a Vida220 student!

Life on the Mountain
23 Participants ... desire to share God's heart ... new birth

Six new directors ... Birthing God's heart

Traveling buddies ... "practicing evangelism" ...
sharing laughter, hearts and tears 

Making Panama Hats in Montecristi Ecuador 

Ceviche ... Really God, I have to eat cold seafood soup? ...
I loved it ... I told you so!

Cardenas Family (minus one) ...
My home away from home ...
Family devotions, just like home

Hold on tight Muchachas ... we're going to go fast ...
Port city of Manta, Tuna Capital of SA ...
thought I was going to die

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ...
Class dance at local park ... He didn't miss a beat!

Weisers Donuts ... Customs never looked ...
Boston Cream, Powdered cream filled, glazed

"Mama, do I look butiful?" ...
thank you Aunt Vicky for this 'perty sour'


He cleans better than Mama ...
Showing G'ma how it's done

To flush or not to flush, that was the question ...
trash can in close proximity ... throw, don't flush!

No comments:

Post a Comment