Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Remembering to Not Forget

New Christmas Memories ...
same sweet love
I'm not sure where my obsession for remembering was birthed. In reality, this blog is scripted in journal like fashion assuring I will remember all the important, fun and challenging details of this life.  Remembering what I wore on my last day of high school may seen trivial to most of you. However, for my best friend Peg, these details bring peals of laughter and are priceless memories! I love making new memories and I love reflecting on old ones.  In attempt to feed my obsession of reminiscing, I employ the help of our eye rolling, full of life boys on a day like no other ... January 1!  You know, the day after we stayed up past midnight. Without fail, this event is always much more appreciated by yours truly than my host of mighty men.

In my blissful dream world, we gather around the breakfast table to sip coffee and hot chocolate and gleefully compile our list of memories. I love this list!  It's like the last page, the closing details that wrap up life as we know it in 2017 ... I'm quickly zapped back to reality as the boundless energy and silly antics attempt to distract me from my goal of remembering ... Nevertheless, they take time for Mama's obsession and oblige my request for a stroll down memory lane pausing with me to celebrate God's faithfulness. 

What's on your list? What has God done through you this year? What doors has He opened or closed? He is at work, even in those tasks that seem insignificant or incomplete ... Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always!  1 Chronicles 16:11

My goal complete ... Their energy released ... They'll thank me one day

Praises
Family game time
The students arrived safely in Honduras
Late night movie marathons ... a.k.a "time with my teenagers!"
Lazy mornings
Daniella's desire for more of God
Sharing a Christmas meal with our landlords ... let them see Jesus
New memories

Prayers
Vacation at the beach this week
Let our light shine before men so they may glorify our Father in heaven!
Choosing kindness and putting others first
Daryl, release worry and rest in God's peace
Angelica, nearing her due date
Student scholarships to be complete  http://vidanetonline.org/friends-vidanet
God, help us find a misplaced financial gift

Life on the Mountain
This week was a much needed gift from Father ... we have been going none stop for many months.  Father knew what we needed.  We celebrated Christmas 'by the pool' with some dear new friends, sent the students off to Honduras covered in prayer and the rest of the week ... we rested! We slept in, made special breakfasts, played games, had coffee with friends, went on a date (Christmas gift from M & J!), enjoyed a meal with our neighbors, went shopping for our vacation, enjoyed coffee and devotions together with Jesus, had a movie marathon, spent quality kid time and counted down the hours till our vacation away from home!

Hours of entertainment ...
Mama loves to win ...

Christmas 'jammies' ...
too hot for anything else!

Sound asleep, in their dreams ...
Little brothers wake up to early ...
Teenagers need their sleep!


Waffles never tasted so good ...
To top or not to top, that was the question!
I look like Dada
and have taste buds like Mama ...
Always chooses chocolate ... 

His Christmas money used wisely ...
"Mama, I so excited for the beach I can't sleep!"

This boy needs a Bumbo seat ...
Sweet baby Declan loving our attention 
Sleeping around the tree ...
Not a creature was stirring ... 
Traditions that feel like home


* For preservation sake, the list of "Our Favorite Things, 2017" is posted in a separate blog.  Feel free to read it in the proximate post.  However, I've decided not to post it to public audience. *


No comments:

Post a Comment