Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Dry Season

"Rain before seven, quit before eleven" ... I think my dearly departed Ma-maw would be proud to know I've used one of her famous quotes in my blog!  Although she is not the scriptor of this quote, it is one I remember her quoting often.  This is supposed to be dry season.  However, all week I've found my alarm beckoning me from dreamland at 6:15 with this quote rambling in the recesses of my mind.  It's a bit of a travesty that one of my first thoughts in the morning is ... "How soon can I return to the serenity of this warm cave of covers?" ... Upon hearing these honest sentiments (confessions) of my heart, one might question my allegiance.  Shouldn't the said missionary be filled with Godly thoughts such as ... "Lord, let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love for I have put my trust in You!" ... Rest assured, my hearts desire is to know and share Father's unfailing love, nonetheless the carnal side of me wants to snuggle under the covers until this rain quits before eleven

The barrage rain, wind and cooler temps this week has given way to a lot of indoor playtime.  These three amigos pictured above have quickly acquired one another's confidence thus allowing entrance into each other's castle! With no little princess' on our property, our three houses have become a little boys battlefield, race track, construction site and ... healing room! One day as I puttered around the kitchen I realized that two of these three lay 'mortally wounded' on the battlefield.  One brave warrior cried (in Spanish), "Help, they died and I don't know what to do!" ... Perhaps you should call an ambulance or a doctor? "No, that won't help, they're dead." ... Why don't you pray to Jesus and see what He does! ... Before these precious words were completely formed in my soulmates mouth, I quickly knelt with Santi as Heaven met earth on our living room floor.  Santi, calling on the name of Jesus, repeated my simple prayer for healing and Adam "rose from the dead" followed by Mati!  Then it was Mati's turn to pray and then, "I want a turn to pray too!" ... and so the saga went until all were dead, prayed for, had a chance to pray and resurrected.

Rain, rain go away ... Thank you God for indoor play ... Innocence of a child's heart

Life on the Mountain
Thanking God for the blessing of a dryer this week as there were very few sunshine moments to dry our wash ... Recording studio scripts completed ... Pizza, ice cream and visiting with friends, a relaxing, safe place to practice this beautiful Spanish language ... God moments with our neighbors ... laughter with the three amigos ... Culto Unido in Sarapiqui (United worship service for Mennonite churches), a blessed time to make more connections and reunite with friends we haven't seen for a time ...

Praises
Joseph making decisions to include Jedidiah, trying to start exercising together
Adam realizing he's going to school and talking positively about it
Star Wars DVD's borrowed from friends
Safety as we traveled to Sarapiqui and back
Daniella's friendship
Pablo and Jeasica found a house ... this is an answer to prayer! However it saddens my heart that they are moving to Moravia and will not be involved with VidaNet anymore.  These friends were our first taste of family here in CR.  Thankful they aren't moving far away.

Prayers
Computer issues ... it keeps randomly shutting off. Very frustrating!
School decisions, favor with administration in the place where God desires us to be
Preparations for February - work month
Direction for the start of Casa242, an opportunity for continued discipleship after Vida220
I've had headaches a lot lately ... praying new glasses will help but also for complete healing.
More opportunities to speak Father's love, light and hope into the hearts of those we interact with daily.



Indoor exercise ... Joseph is "planking" Adam is "Curling"
"Mom, take the picture and stop making me laugh!"

Burned up blender motor ... future engineer's play time!

Adam's nightcap ... Not quite like Little House on the Prairie but he's got the idea!

Goodwill T'shirt purchase ... growing boys ... 
too cute to get rid of ...
feeling crafty, it's now my T'shirt bag
Of course he wanted his eyes examined like Mama and Jedi ...
"But I want sunglasses too!"



New color for Mama ... His dream come true!
Crazy boy, if he only knew the blessing of perfect sight!
"Two all beef patties, special sauce,
lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a ...
cheese filled quesadilla"

Their laughter and chatter is infectious ...
Adam sharing the love of His Father ...

Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love for I have put my trust in You ...


No comments:

Post a Comment