Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, January 14, 2018

The Sparkle Returns ... Peace

"One more Joseph ... Stop that!"
A few months ago as I was laughing with Joseph I felt like I was to scribe what I was seeing in him ... I wasn't sure why, but I obeyed that prompting.  These precious, random thoughts about Joseph were penned in the front of my notepad just waiting for a time to share them.

Today I've been contemplating peace (we talked about it in church) but as well, my soul has been unsettled about a school decision we're trying to make ... As you know, the world offers many things that could make you feel peaceful but what I need is that peace that passes all understanding, you know, that deep seeded feeling in the very pit of ones soul that says, "Stop worrying, it's gonna be alright."

As I nestled into these precious moments with you all to share my heart about His perfect peace, I felt like I was to look at my blog from a year ago. Yup, It was about Joseph and Celebrating Grief.  See how HE does this!  Here are those random thoughts about Joseph and how He tied them together with my thought regarding my need for His perfect peace ...

"I wish you could hear his laugh and see the mischief in his eyes!  They bear witness to the many prayers you all have cried on his behalf.  He was the one this Mama's heart was aching for.  Everything must be calculated, there is a process to figuring things out, his soul needs solitude and a quite place for his mind to create. The chaos of this move seemed to have robbed him of life.  But, by God's grace ... A deep seeded, perfect peace seems to have settled in his soul! ... He still calculates, processes and needs solitude. However, once again he sings (in private), he belly laughs, his mischievous eyes sparkle, he speaks in funny voices and tells jokes, he speaks with life in his heart, he makes choices to deal with his anger instead of exploding and ... my little, brown-eyed boys heart is finding God's perfect peace!"

 You prayed ... He answered ... Perfect peace and mischievous eyes 

Life on the Mountain
Daryl is doing three weeks of language study ... M & J tried to focus on school while everyone else is on vacation ... visited with neighbors ... reveled in three warm sun filled days to do a lot of wash ... tried to catch up on lapsed communication ... enjoyed coffee with Jesus and my soulmate ... feasted on meat and were blessed with a Casa Vidanet cookout ... Recording English script in a real recording studio for Elementary kids to learn English! ... El Nido meeting to regroup ... Dad and son date night ... continue seeking ways to reflect His perfect peace in a world of want, loss and selfish desires.

Praises
Angelica, my El Nido client had a safe delivery and healthy baby boy named Jacol
Laura's marriage is being restored
Praising God for your prayers, He is so faithful!
Life in our souls
Connections for the boys
Safety for our Vida220 students in Honduras and Belize after an earthquake
Heart to Hearts in Spanish and English

Prayers
School decision - we decided the who, now just need to decide the where
Health - colds seem to have gone but possibly allergies remain?
Adam's behavior
Jedidiah's eyes
House for Pablo and Jessica's family


"I makein' my own breakfast Mama!" ...
Peanut butter toast and hot mint tea

It's definitely cold ... blankets are never folded in the basket (above and below) ...
afternoon sun warms my home and heart!


Ummm, "Mati said we can play on it!"...
Little boy's and their toys!

So happy to be reunited again ... that was a long month!

So hard to sit still ...
No, Mama doesn't think this looks cute!

Singing like nobody's listening!

Life of the party

It's like producing Adventures in Odyssey!

Now who's not paying attention ... 
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7


 




No comments:

Post a Comment