Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Releasing Tears

I woke today with tears just under the surface of my being ... a gentle rain was falling, our household had a restless night after awaking to a power out that left us in the darkest night without even the sound of neighborhood dogs to break the silence. It was one such morning that I needed His presence to physically lift me out of my downy abyss I defiantly clung to. "Just one more hour" I pleaded. I find it ironic that the youngest cherub I bore life to 5 years ago feels just as strongly to the opposite spectrum of this activity ... "Just one more minute" he pleads as he defiantly refuses to climb the stairs to the downy abyss that waits to envelop his angelic form.  Both activities, 12 hours apart evoking the same emotions, leaving both sets of eyes brimming with tears in their wake.

Crying in the shower brings such healing as the warm water pours over the mix of emotions flowing from my eyes. However, today being Sunday and not wanting puffy eyes to accompany me to church, I willed the tears to hold fast in their borders. He would release them in time and with their release would come the healing balm for my soul. These tears were not ones of sadness or hopelessness, on the contrary, with each profession and confession, their healing trickle brought hope, peace, release and freedom.  Sometimes you just need to cry!

Tears for hurting relationships, tears as life ends and for when life begins, tears for decisions made and yet to be made, tears for words spoken in frustration and for words held captive, tears of confession, tears of reconciliation, tears of understanding and tears of laughter ... Today was a day of knowing His sweet presence through those who helped release these tears. As the sun surrenders my day to the peaceful solitude of night I'm peacefully reminded ... In His presence is fullness of joy.

 Have a good cry ... Joy unspeakable joy ... Releasing the valve

Life on the Mountain
I'm tired ... not physically, just mentally. Extra guests brings the joy of community, refreshment for my spirit, and the gentle reminder that solitude is also a necessity.  I'm continually humbled at the gift we receive from living here ... so many nations to interact with and the gift of sharing Jesus with each one.  As the week ended I blissfully sat on a porch swing ... enough said on that, it was a peaceful gift! Birthday parties, an abundance of sugar, really loud music and the peaceful gift of Daniella's friendship. Guiding Jedidiah on his 4th grade science project, creating an animal and plant cell ... can't believe I remember these parts! A Sunday filled with life-giving conversation, heart connections and healing tears.  Anticipating a sound night of sleep, He is restoring my soul!

Praises
Sharing our hearts in English
Being surrounded by a great crowd of witnesses
Life bringing tears
Our boys open hearts to share how they are processing life in CR
Nellie's family coming to church

Prayers
Discerning our next steps
Healing Care next week that Daryl and I will participate in
Make a choice to put each other first, pray for "Us"
Steve's heart to let go and trust Father's love for him


My matching grocery helpers ...
bringing joy and laughter to my shopping experience!


ONE picture ... that's all I took this week! 






No comments:

Post a Comment