Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Unexpected

Filling my heart ... Jakol!
In the midst of the chaos of our lives, each week He carves out a few sacred hours for my soul to be encouraged. My day starts by getting mentally ready, the list is checked off, my phone is turned off, I'm focused, attentive and ready to give counsel where needed. It's a beautiful thing to see how my role has morphed over the last year from one who listens, encourages and councils to one she desires to share life with. She seems to have come alive in the sacredness of our time together. Although she hesitantly shares her tears, her giggles flow freely filling my soul. Her sweet cherub, Jakol reaches for me and snuggles into my embrace taking my mama's heart heavenward.  I'm quite certain if these times weren't scheduled, our worlds would not have connected. Father knows best ... He knew that in the scheduled routine of our meeting, a friendship would bloom that my soul desperately needs. She listens expectantly and contemplatively responds which brings life to my soul. I see hope by the light in her eyes, hear confidence in the tenderness of her voice, and feel friendship in the deep recesses of her heart. Her need is great, she has hope, and she's found a place to share the intimacies of her life. Quite unexpectedly ... so have I.

We've planned for weeks ... at least my mind has been planning for weeks! Contacts made, menu and schedule planned, temporary cooks in place to feed the guests, flight schedules and airport pick-ups organized.  Most nights my sound sleep was interrupted only briefly as my mind woke me to remember one more detail. The day arrived to meet and greet those I've known only by email. My heart was full with anticipation to know their purpose for joining VidaNet's Vision Tour.  In the midst of these full days, seeds were planted, vision shared, hearts have been left yearning to know His will and intimate connections were made. I expected to pour out, be hospitable to our guests and provide for their physical needs while staying with us at Casa VidaNet. What I didn't expect were the intimate moments of prayer that the Lover of my soul used to breath life to my weary soul. Quite unexpectedly ... their obedience to come refreshed my soul.

Finding unexpected life ... Prayers of the saints ... Sacred ground 

Life on the Mountain
I've had lots of "God HELP" moments this week ... and He did! The over arching themes that robbed us of patience with each other this week were preparing for the Vision Tour and finalizing the Budget for the board meeting. We managed a date in the chaos of the week which left me bluntly aware of our lack of communication for way to long ... Orienting our new cleaning lady ... chauffeuring our guests around town ... a sleepover for Micah and Joseph ... A Talent show to lighten our hearts ... Jedi and Adam getting alone time with a tired Mama ... A send off for our beloved William, Laura and Willie moving to Spain and ... the sweet bliss of a cloudy, rainy Sunday afternoon nap.

Praises
Delmys, our new Cleaning Angel
Fresh words and affirmation from Father ... "Everything is going to be all right!"
Strangers becoming kindred spirits as they touched heaven with prayers for our family
Gloria, our temporary Kitchen Angel
Allison and crew who 'joyfully' filled in for kitchen duty
A leadership team who cares enough to bluntly speak the truth

Prayers
Our marriage ... built on a firm foundation that the enemy of lies is trying to crumble
That we would take time to listen to each other 
Parenting Jedidiah ... reference back to blog post "The Dance" 5/7/18
Vision tour guests as they take Fathers vision for VidaNet home with them
Board meeting happening this week
Central American church leaders meeting at Casa VidaNet this week
Our next steps ... wanting to remain in the center of His will ...



Sunday supper ... missing pretzels!

EMM child care worker (a.k.a. Tortuga) ...
watching our little angels so we can have a date ...
I'm not sure who had more fun!

Vision Tour guests ... resting in His peace at Casa VidaNet

Talent show laughter ...
Zuercher Bro's standing in for our missing Mighty Men ...
Singing "our song" ... "Mom, this song is getting old!"

Spending his birthday money from grandparents ... 

This happened in our driveway ...
Practicing for the birthday party next weekend : ) 

The beauty of La Paz Waterfall Garden 
The gift of chauffeuring our guests around CR


Some of the faces that grace our days with
love, laughter and challenge ...

more of them

and one final one that fills my soul!

Unexpected ... 
Reveling in the countless ways Father cares for our souls!






No comments:

Post a Comment