Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Waking Thoughts

Auntie Anne's in CR!
Life as we know it offers many things to occupy our waking moments.  I'm curious, what is the first thing you think of upon waking in the morning?  (This is where you stop reading and think). Perhaps you went to sleep with blissful thoughts of Thanksgiving dinner and wake to the delicious aroma of said dinner.  If your week involves a check list, it is hardly conceivable that you wake with none other than the mental list and pen in hand.  Before my body morphed into that of life bearing mother, a.k.a before I accepted the title of responsible adult ... my waking thoughts as I contemplated life were about daisies, bell bottoms, my 'mom-mom sweater' and 25 less pounds of me to love.

There was no such foolishness that a day starting with dreary rain clouds was made for burrowing deeper into my downy abyss. No way! Sleeping in especially when on vacation was forfeiting lost moments basking in the love of the sun! (I kid you not, just ask Peg!) It was His promise from Psalm 17:15 that roused my said hippie self from peaceful slumber ... And I, in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness. Who wouldn't want to wake up and see His face?! I had this posted by my bed and subconsciously would speak it to my soul at times before being fully aware that the day had dawned. He's given me other promises to wake with ... one of my favorites has been Psalm 143:8-10 "Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love for I have put my trust in You ... show me ... rescue me ... teach me." My soul waking to His tender promises has been life-giving to say the least!

Fast forward 17 years ... wife of one, mom of four, lover of The One ... and He decides to remind me of aforementioned lifestyle because I've made the choice to carry my burdens to bed with me. Oh He's tried before, it's not like He's waited these entire 17 years to remind me. But somehow, in His customary fashion, He's posted this little note on my bulletin board in our house in Costa Rica ... "What are your first thoughts when waking up in the morning?" I remember when and where I penned this challenge. However, I haven't the faintest idea how and when it was posted to life in CR and I most certainly did not see it before this morning!

I have a choice ... Prince of Peace, I choose what You are offering ... How about you?   

Life on the Mountain
Predominant thanksgiving for the week ... Adam got his cast off and pin out of his arm! Thankful for neighbors who help carpool ... Moments of an unguarded heart with a dear neighbor ... Laughter with the girls at a ladies Tea while the Boys went to the mall ... Tender moments of hearing my soulmates heart ... receiving the challenge to listen, love and be accountable ... A Friday night at home and laughter with The Cosby Show ...

Praises
Gift of attending graduation for Martha and her daughter
6 teams chosen and appointed ... look out Central Am., here they come!
 https://www.facebook.com/122887907733455/videos/2046642412022663/
English conversation when Spanish just doesn't flow
Jedi's grades, he doesn't need to take his final math or science exam!
Wendell and Mel for asking and listening
A sister to hold me accountable

Prayers
Inner healing week for staff and students, pray for Father's heart to be revealed
Daryl as he participates in this week
Gloria and Delynn as they lead this week
Ema's health
4th Grade Science project, model of Cell structure ...
Ironically, Micah in 10th grade wrote a report on Cell structure ...
I should have read the report before helping make these models!

He's at it again ...
this time he climbed a tree to 'rescue' a fat,
possibly pregnant lizard

Yeah, Cast is off! ... 
Brave boy as he got stitches out and patiently let the Doctor remove the embedded pin from his wrist! 

Fall pictures can't be all serious ...

"George of the Jungle"

"hey ladies!"

Trying to look cool ... no words for this boy!

Oh the weather outside is DELIGHTFUL! ...
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ... 

A shot of dessert  ... a fraction of the calories!
The three amigos ... constant chatter ... boundless energy ...
what one doesn't think of, the other one does!



Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love for I have put my trust in You ...



2 comments:

  1. Wow, take me back 20+ years! That rainbow picture looks VERY much like one over El Hogar that I'm sure is in my Bolivia scrapbook. :) Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Adam's cast is off! I love the verse from Psalm 143. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete