Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, December 2, 2018

His Thoughts for Me

Finally, our much anticipated Thanksgiving day feast
Sweet, ornery and innocent! 
was upon us.  As I was preparing my part in this feast, like a good missionary, I was thinking of things I'm thankful for! The happy banter of Adam and his two amigos as they ran in and out of our house, the two turkey's done to perfection, garlic butter knots finished the day before, homemade mashed potatoes and the anticipation of devouring the compilation of this feast in a few short hours! Coffee in hand, I sat for a few minutes gazing on our newly decorated "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree.  Enter random thought as I realize just how quiet the serenity of this moment is ... "Hmmmm, I don't hear the boys, I should check on them." After a few more sips of coffee this thought became reality as I was summoned by our neighbor to "see what they  are saying our boys did!" In the peaceful silence of my "coffee, Jesus, Christmas tree" moments, the Three Amigos had secretly slipped out from under the watchful eye of three Mamas and exited the large 'left-open' front gate that is always closed.

Upon my summons to leave said gate, The Sight that my eyes beheld, is one that will not soon be erased from my memory.  They, other neighbors living behind similar large gate whom we have not officially met due to said large gates, were accusing these Three Musketeers of marking up their car which was sitting outside large gate! Racing mind ... 'Who, when, how ... WHY?' ... The confusion ensued as I didn't think the boys had even left our gate much less had the audacity to carry out an accusation of this measure.  Neighbors were adamant these three were guilty.  As I walked around the car, I realized this was the work of an artist with a stone on the canvas of a black car ... not just one random painting. No, the artist decided to display their talent on every side, every panel, every reachable area of said "black car canvas".  My shocked, speechless countenance said more than any coherent thought I could muster in English or Spanish.  As I retrieved Adam from our house, his expression said what my heart wanted to deny as truth.  He confessed, rather timidly, to being one of the accused Artists. 

That night as I tenderly held Adam in my gaze, my anger subsiding, I thought about the depth of love I have for this little human being in spite of his actions. As Adam nestled into my embrace, he asked, "Are they going to call the Policia?" Sometimes the repercussions of ones own thoughts are discipline enough for the defiant act that precipitated these thoughts. "No," I reassured him. "Mama, I sorry." In these precious moments Father tenderly reminded me that He has such thoughts toward me as well. Regardless of my willful disobedience to paint my own canvas in life, gleefully flirt with with the desire to leave His boundaries and failure to resist dabbling with the temporary satisfaction of earthly pleasures ... His thoughts for me are ... compassionate, grace-filled, forgiving, unconditional, eternal, LOVE.

Forgiveness, kind words, humble hearts ... HE thinks about ME ...

Life on the Mountain 
While Daryl participated in Healing Care, the boys and I experienced somewhat of a vacation with a relaxed home routine ... Taking time for science experiments and family game nights ... Thanksgiving day celebration with our family of 60 ... Connecting with neighbor Katarine because she understands my Mama's heart ... The gift of Gloriana opening her home to our boys ... Last day of school, bring on vacation and creativity for Mama! ... Decorating our Christmas tree with beautiful sunshine and tropical breezes ... Celebrating our 2 year anniversary of living in Costa Rica ... Reflecting on His thoughts for me.

Praise
Grace filled understanding neighbors
A week of healing care challenges
End of 4th grade and Kindergarten school year
Jedidiah being exempt from final Science and Math exam because of good grades
Laughter, understanding and connections 

Prayers
Future plans for El Nido
Permanent cook for Casa VidaNet
Unity, belonging and connection for the 6 newly established Vida220 teams
Scratched car incident 
Healing for: 
   Kaitlyn's knee
   Ema's heart
   Tiffany's ankles 
He constructed a house of cards that holds multiple books!

Jedidiah's Art project that has a striking resemblance to ...
Steve Shank with a spray tan!  

Riding in the van with Santa!

"Ho Ho Ho!"

The tree ... The Grinch ... Let the decorating begin!

We discovered "A Very Hungry Caterpillar" : ) in our house!

Just pizza, Mama and the boys ...
the sweetness of spending time with Declan!

I suggested NO ... He wanted to be part of the guys ...
I've never kissed his naked chin!

He shaved ... 
I cut ...

HIS thoughts ...  

 Please keep praying for our marriage ...
Christs love compels us to love as we take time for each other!


No comments:

Post a Comment