Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, December 23, 2018

My Drum

Little Drummer Boy - Jedidiah
A few years ago at church Jedidiah played his drum while the  Little Drummer Boy song played in the background.  Never have I been so touched by that song as to see my Tender Heart playing for Jesus. The pure innocence of these precious moments had tears streaming down my face as I contemplated ... What do I have to offer Him? The discovery of our current favorite Christmas music video, For King and Country's Little Drummer Boy, has caused a resurfacing of these sentiments ... What can I offer my Beloved Savior in celebration of His birthday?

Most days I feel there's nothing left to give.  You know what I'm talking about. Our days are FULL. OF. LIFE. Rounding up the lives of 4 Mighty men, the constant barrage of life commitments, wiping the counter and putting the toilet seat down, carrying the weight of their stories and looking for that next divine encounter, forget about organizing the next event, it's my thoughts that I'm struggling to organize, even at day's end I'm tiding up our bed before I crawl into it's downy abyss ... Sometimes I can't even find The Drum to offer! 

Of course there's my heart, my life, my willingness to follow Him. It's a beautiful thing to give Him the song of my heart and trust Him make a beautiful melody out of it.  It's admirable to die to self and live fully for Him. It's noble to lay down ones life and follow Him wherever He leads. But what if pride has eaten away and tarnished the beauty of these gifts, can I give Him instead my doubts, fears and tears I hold to so tightly? What about my anger, stubbornness, and "I want it my way" attitude? 
 
It's in those moments when I stop searching for the perfect gift and let go of the pride of 'keeping it all together' when I become keenly aware that ... His gaze is for me!  It's that "Be still and know" moment when I realize ... He wants me. The good, the bad, the ugly. I am the gift He wants. 

Offering my drum ... Resting in His embrace ... Happy Birthday Jesus 

Life on the Mountain
Christmas celebrations continue and there are more Tamales to eat! ... Sunday was a day to celebrate community at Casa Vidanet ... One last fun day with Dylan and Adam before saying good bye ... Youth group family night and singing Christmas songs in English ... One more border run with it's usual excitement, thankful they left us back into Costa Rica! ... Blessing Samuel through the tears of saying good bye ... Micah and Joseph got to mow a huge yard for 2 1/2 hours ... Meeting the Kampers and feeling Father's embrace through them. Zorro Family movie marathon ... And, realizing I am a gift. 

Praises
Safe border run and Austin's company
The Kamper family
Laughter with leadership team
Thankful for tears in saying good bye ... true friendship
For King and Country Drummer Boy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I3ZM2XUk48

Prayers
Discernment for our next steps
Rest and rejuvenation this week
Taking steps to get healthy: mentally, emotionally, spiritually
Connections for Jedidiah
Students at home for Christmas ... to feel Father's presence with them wherever they go

Singing Christmas Carols

Adam and Dylan ... they're both smiling!
Celebrating with warm tropical breezes and ...

a night that felt like freezing cold temps!

A perfect afternoon ...
Ice cream, my best friend and a park to play in!

Stroopies in Costa Rica!
Of course we bought them without looking at the price!

In his happy place ...
He's got the blisters to prove it really was a push mower!

Training complete ... Outreach here we come! 

Three more days to Christmas!

But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me!
Micah 7:7 

No comments:

Post a Comment