Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, December 16, 2018

Mama's Emotions


SOOOO embarrassing ...
I took this in front of their friends!
For those of you who know me, you understand why I invest wisely in a product that is "wash-off, water-proof". It sounds absurd but, it seriously is! I'm not sure how long I've used said product however, I'm quite certain sixteen years ago it became part of my daily routine.

Sixteen years ago, I became a Mom to the first of the most handsome Mighty Men I've laid eyes on. Of course I'm biased, I'm allowed to be. I'm their Mom! These four, along with their two brothers romping field and forest in Heaven, have taken me on the adventure of my lifetime! I can honestly say, there are no other who evoke such emotion in my Mama's heart. Those proud mama moments of unspoken understanding when our teary eyes meet across the crowd ... The raw, soul bearing, anger filled moments when violent emotions melt into a pool of tears in my arms ...  As I sit in silence, his reassuring hug, head on my shoulder, tender-hearted "I'm sorry for you mom" gesture reminding me, I'm not alone ... When he snuggles on my lap and those mischievous eyes meet mine and he says, "I love you Jenny!" As their Mama, I can truly say I rejoice with those who rejoice and mourn with those who mourn.

Our lives have been filled with bumps, bruises and boo-boos, broken bones and broken hearts, minor surgery and major decisions, soaring on wings of elated joy and clinging to each other through the cold darkness of the valley of despair. I've had breathless, "be still my heart" moments when I know nothing but pure, unadulterated love for these imperfect human beings. On the contrary, as goes with the territory, it's in those 'head-exploding', so mad I could spit, baring my teeth and clenching my fists that I realize my love appears to have some limits.

This week my emotions have been taken on a roller coaster with the hills, twists, turns and drops coming at me without a moments notice.  Celebrating Micah's 16 birthday and Adam's kindergarten graduation in the same week ... I thought I had prepared my heart for these events. Crying with Adam when we told him his best buddy Dylan is moving next week ... Micah facing reality that he can't get his drivers permit while living in CR ... Pure excitement anticipating Micah's birthday celebration with friends we absolutely love to call friends! Joseph loving everything about youth group and seeing him shine in this connection ... Becoming keenly aware that while Jedidiah can't stand in front of me for pictures anymore he still needs his multiple times a day hug from Mama.

My emotions on overdrive this week, I very much needed to claim this promise from Father ... Isaiah 44: 3-5 "For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants. They will spring up like grass in a meadow, like poplar trees by flowing streams. Some will say, ‘I belong to the Lord’; others will call themselves by the name of Jacob; still others will write on their hand, ‘The Lord’s,’ and will take the name Israel.

He knows me.  He knows my heart, desires and emotions. And so, as said Mama, I will continue to invest wisely in the aforementioned "wash-off water-proof" product to prevent the unattractive formation of black smudges flowing from my mascara laden eyes that could essentially be caused by the emotions evoked from these Mighty Men!

Roller coaster emotions ... Blessings poured out ... they are HIS!

Life on the Mountain
I can hardly remember two days ago let alone two weeks ago ... I know we've started December and decorated our tree ... Cookie decorating to finish Co-op semester ... Celebrated Christmas with El Nido ... feasted on delicious desserts at our worship team Christmas Cafecito ... Graduated Kindergarten ... Celebrated a 16th birthday with friends at the theme park, a game night and sleepover. Probably the highlight of the week! ... Created costumes for Youth Group Medieval theme party ... Shared tears of laughter and sadness ... Rested in the promise from Father that, His Holy Spirit and blessing are pouring out on these Mighty Men!

Praises
Youth group ... I'll share this praise forever!
The gift of celebrating Christmas
Mighty men who laugh and cry with me
A caring leadership team
The Kampers ... we haven't met them yet, but know God is going to do mighty things
Friends we love to call friends to celebrate life with!

Prayers
Border run this week
Celebrating the gift of Christmas away from family
Rest and family time
Safety for students and staff traveling over the next 2 weeks
A Cook for Casa VidaNet
Giving time to each other
Discernment for our future


She couldn't come to El Nido so ... El Nido visited her!
Jackson 5, Sebastian 2, Arielito and Carlito 18 months ...
Adding two machitos to the mix ...
So much energy! 

Tailless scorpion ... Yup, under a glass in our house!

Spider man meets Elf ...
Celebrating Christmas in 70 degree weather!

My little El Nido buddy ...
He loves Tia Jenny ...
His hugs and snuggles melt my heart!

Cleaning up for his graduation

Teacher Andrea ...
"Maybe I could marry her! Her's old enough to take care of me."

Graduation day ... Celebrating with friends! 
Peppermint Mocha x 3 ...
How can my 'baby' be turning 16?!

Gettin' the party started ...
5 teenage boys converging on an empty Fun park!

"Lets do it again!" ... So thankful for a sunny day!

A night of friends and games ... His heart is happy!

Blessed to use our neighbors 'party' room ...
Complete with Foosball table!
 
The Duke of Lancaster and his trusty servant Joe ...
Not sure who had more fun finding these outfits!
"Shhhhh, don't tell them they're wearing girls cloths!"

Sacred Sunday morning peace ... treasuring these moments ...
 
"I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants."


No comments:

Post a Comment