Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, April 7, 2019

Banqueting Table

Picnic at the property
El Nido Heredia is closing. There's no sugar-coating this statement. I've cried my tears, pleaded with God, talked and processed the ramblings of my mind with Gloria and cried more tears. Our director resigned in December, we prayed and asked Father to provide another. However in the end, it felt like Father was directing us to close this center.  I grieve this loss but have hope that His work through this program has not ended and peace that He is in this process.

These women have welcomed me into their lives, shared their joys and cautiously their sorrows. They have loved me through my transition to life in CR through laughter and language learning. They've opened their doors to me and their hearts as well.  I may not understand completely the gravity of their life stories but we've found common ground in El Nido and our hearts have bonded.

In some ways it feels like sending my teenager off to college. We've shared life over the last 18 months and learned how to do life together. There's been teaching, training, listening, counseling, prayers and tears and the time has come to launch them out of The Nest.  I don't send them out empty handed, they've been girded with Promises from The Word and insight on parenting. I'm grateful for the feeling that we've finished well! 

Father has given me this picture from Psalm 23 ... "He prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies ... surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life." As long as we are at His table, feasting on His promises, those old enemies will prowl around but loose their hold! Sharing this picture with each of them, feels like a sending in which I now need to trust His presence in their lives!

Sitting at His table ... His promises are true ... Trust

Life on the Mountain
Finding life as we share our hearts ... Exploring the beauty of waterfalls in CR ... A weekend visit bringing life ... learning the discipline of studying for exams ... making time to scrapbook ... Celebrating Adam's spiritual b'day ... New life of baptism ... Tears at the foot of the cross as we acted out the Crucifixion play ... Micah cutting grass and helping at the Matamoras property ... Welcoming a team and sending them off to Upala ... Star Wars movie marathon ... Road trip to Limon and late night airport runs ... Feeling Father's presence through Val ...  Feasting at His table.

Praises
Finishing well with El Nido
Self-care: counseling sessions, scrap booking, sitting at the park
Burger King, family night
We had rain yesterday
Heart connections with neighbors
Taking time for each other

Prayers
Laura, healing from an assault
Full time, permanent cook for Casa VidaNet
The women of El Nido
Healing from stomach virus
EMM retreat in Guatemala, traveling 13-19
Housing for our home leave next fall
Conflict in relationships
Parenting, marriage and communication

A new adventure ... Costa Rica beauty ...
swimming at the base of the falls!

The remnants of a previous inhabitant ...
Ummm no, I don't want to see it!

More beauty ... 

Prayer of blessing after taking the new believers class ... 

The crucifixion ... His dream come true,
he could finally be a soldier! 

Two soldiers, a High Priest and Pilates water dish holder ...
Of course Joseph was behind the scenes! 

Weekend guests ... the gift of sharing life! 

His first spiritual birthday ...
"It means Jesus cleaned out my heart!" 

Testing out the third floor of the new Burger King! ...
A reward for studying hard during his exam week. 

Menn. Conference in Costa Rica ...
Micah read the scripture in English ...
He didn't sound a bit nervous!

Story time with "Uncle Jon" ... 

Strawberry shortcake for breakfast ...
Dessert was to long of a wait ...
Fruit and milk, of course it's ok for breakfast! 








No comments:

Post a Comment