Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Surrounded

Mini Golf ... finding life in normalcy
Even when I come away with Him, I'm surrounded ... my blanket and bible, cobwebs and coffee, little boy banter and birds, closets full and wish lists long ... Surrounded.  What does it mean and how does it feel to be truly alone and only surrounded by the sweetness of His presence? You know what I'm talking about ... those moments when nothing else matters, my mind is at rest, my to do list no longer vies for my attention and the coffee in hand has never tasted so rich and full. Oh I've known these moments. I've even tasted the sweetness of them, basked in the fragrance of them and relished in the sacredness of heaven touching my soul on earth. These moments are priceless, hidden treasures I return to often. However what I'm pondering is, how? How does one live in an abiding spirit moment by moment? What does it look like to abide constantly so that these moments are not just ... moments? To be so intimately connected with the Creator of my soul while being surrounded by the aforementioned, earthly 'blessings' ... how?

My human misconceptions bind in holy matrimony the words, missionary and continual abiding, leaving me in a heap of condemned rubble ... It feels like wishful thinking as the humanness of my harsh words stare me down daring me to declare my soul abides continually in Him ... As His chosen, called, beloved princess shouldn't my mind be fixed on things above instead of giving allowance to the nagging of anger, frustration, fear, stress, anxiety and my way? I am created for the constant abiding with His spirit that allows me to laugh at the days to come and see my worries blow away like dandelion seeds in the wind. Why is it so incredibly hard then to be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, to speak life-giving words instead of my own earthly thoughts? ... Why is it so challenging to continually abide?

In the midst of my pondering and confession of said missionary struggles, I've discovered this morsel dished up at the banqueting table He has set for me ... Psalm 32:7 You are my hiding place. You will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Say it with me ... You are my hiding place! And, can you hear them? His songs of deliverance singing over you? It's truly a sweet melody that sets my spirit free from the guilt and condemnation of my humanness. While surrounded with earthly things below, my spirit can continually abide with Him in heavenly places ... I declare it and make the choice to hide my soul in His promises! I want to know YOU, let Your spirit overwhelm me, let Your presence overtake my heart ...

Surrounded with things ... Abiding with Him ... Finding my Hiding Place

Life on the Mountain
Sickness and health ... School projects and Co-op writing class ... Late night and early morning airport runs ... Finger licking temptation as we made chocolate covered Peanut butter and Coconut cream eggs ... Discovering Mini golf in CR, 40 minutes from our house! ... Retreating and finding life in the desert of Guatemala with soulmates ... The adventure of riding 4 hours in the back of a pick-up through the heat of Guatemala and the gift of retreating to the air conditioned cab ... Abiding in His presence and finding life in The Vine.

Praises
He knows the desires of my heart
His provision for eternal life
The sweetness of His presence with fellow warriors at our EMM retreat in Guatemala
Free massage for missionary Mamas
Safe, uneventful travel to and from Guatemala
Improving communication, Father is answering prayers!
Honduran couple listening to Father's voice for their future

Prayers
Kevin from Guatemala, Father speak to his heart
Soulmate for Jedidiah
Choose to put each other first, slow to speak, slow to become angry and quick to listen
Housing for our home leave next fall ... We need a place to rest our heads in PA for 3 months.
Continued connections with El Nido Mamas
Micah, raising funds for Go Honduras and decisions for future
Learning how to continually abide
I want to know You, let Your spirit overwhelm me, let Your presence overtake my heart ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7C2cQfJdo4

... Picture overload! A lot of life happened in these two weeks! ...


"Real" haircuts! ...
you know, as opposed to the "fake" ones mom does for him! 

School project ... what chores do you do at home?

Nope, this pet is too big! 
Well ... I guess that's a better size pet!  
He has my heart ... she shares her's


Shaping peanut butter eggs ...
"please stop licking your fingers!" ... the temptation is real!

Pick-up truck taxi ...
of course there was room for more! ...
this picture doesn't do it justice

Acting out "what's in the bag" ... Creativity at it's best!

Annual picture ...
they've got the same spark and adventure for life!

Micah and Micah ...
Obviously one is more thrilled at this than the other!

Guatemala tradition ... remembering The Giver of life

Of course we needed a selfie!

"Mama, is he a real robot?"

Finding treasures ...
Wendy's fries and Frostys in Guatemala!

And Dunkin' Donuts too!!!


The perks to being an adorable gringo who speaks Spanish ...
Of course you can see the Cockpit! 


What do you do with free shaving cream? ...
Make slime of course ...
keep it away from your hair and the carpet!

Happy Easter ...
Celebrating His life ... Surrounded by life ...
Learning to abide ...






No comments:

Post a Comment