Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Yours for the Asking

Celebrating Dia del Nino with
these Mighty Men
Sometimes I wonder if Father feels like I do with all the asking? What mom doesn't get asked over a million questions a day ... I'm certain that is not an estimated number but one of researched fact! For example, 'what's for dinner' is one notoriously asked multiple times by multiple persons living under our roof. Can we go to the park? What are we doing tonight, tomorrow, this weekend? Can I do this, can I do that? ... The absurdity of my words as I impatiently state, "Go ask Dad, I'm tired of answering questions ... I already answered that ... if you were listening you wouldn't be asking, AGAIN." Which inevitably takes more words and effort than just answering their myriad of questions. I know you know what I'm talking about ... And, the questions don't stop with the mouths of my mighty men and soulmate, they continue from the host of heavenly souls I'm placed on this earth to mother, the check out saint in our local grocery store, the school secretary, Adam's partners in crime ... Everyone is asking and everyone is needing something. The emotions that rise to the surface with all the asking can summon my selfish side to rear it's ugly head, dig my heels in like a defiant two year old and simply not answer! I mean, can you imagine if Father would answer as yours truly stated above? Instead of His preferred "A kind answer turns away wrath" ...

It's all in the asking ... Last week we watched the movie version of The Pilgrims Progress. Christian was told when he felt alone and when he needed direction he needed simply to ask. When Caleb, from the book I'm reading, wanted to heal someone he very simply asked of Father. As if one more reminder wasn't enough while perusing other's lives on FB, He chose to give me not one but two more examples to make the point clear ... "Ask of me," God. I get asked over a million questions a day and yet I don't even ask the Giver of life for what He's already prepared for me ... Wisdom, mercy, grace, rest, healing.  Can you say it with me, Hebrews 4:16, I have the right to come boldly before The Throne of grace to find mercy and grace in my time of need! 

And so, I'm asking ... complete healing for my back, complete healing for Adam's belly pain, complete healing for the lump on Micah's chest, for a supernatural love that goes deep in parenting Jedidiah, partners who believe in The Call on our lives to help finance our second term, light to dawn on our family and to be surrounded by joy in-explainable, Joseph and Jedidiah to love each other and speak life-giving words, for another El Nido a place to share my passion with, for miraculous healing on Daryl's soul, for our landlords to see Father and choose life with Him, our vehicle to be completely restored and in running order sooner than proposed, for those close to our hearts: salvation, jobs, provisions, housing, healing and peace in family strife, open doors at new churches to share the passion for ministry Father has placed on our hearts, Father, I ask for Your spirit to overwhelm me, let Your presence overtake my heart! ... What does The Giver of all good gifts want you to ask for?

More than you can ask or image ... He's The Giver ... Overwhelmed by His presence

Answers of Praise
A house and vehicle supplied for our home leave!
Healing for Daryl's ankle
Feeling favored
A marriage covenant built on Christ our Solid Rock
Friends supporting VidaNet's banquet
Loaned vehicles while ours is being repaired
Celebrating Kids day honoring our mighty men and thanking Father for all their questions!

Prayers
See above!
What can we boldly approach The Throne and ask on your behalf?

Life on the Mountain
Preparing, planning and teaching basic first aid to Co-op youth ... resting ... organizing details for our home leave ... resting ... Puzzles, games, movies ... resting ... School, study, routine ... resting and, boldly asking!

Showering me with his love and brightening my day ... 

Adam helping to build and clean Abuelita's house ...
He taught them English while they worked ...
He loves like Father ...

"What's for dinner?" ...
Coconut, Curry Chicken ...
From a friend in Cambodia!

Take a picture of us too!
They boldly ask multiple times a day ...

Be at rest once more, O my soul,
for the Lord has been good to you!
Psalm 116:7

No comments:

Post a Comment