Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, September 29, 2019

Listo ... Ready ?

As we prepare for our home leave, I've been thinking about the changes we're going to live through in
Cafe grande to fill my tank!
these coming months.  I've gained a quiet confidence as I've reread our journey through the blog ... To revisit that crazy time in our lives make this crazy time seem attainable! This quote from one such blog, has taken residence in my thoughts occupying most of my quiet contemplation this week ... "How does one live in the supernatural while surrounded with the flesh?"

Adam was up two times last night. The first encounter, "something is under my bed", fear quickly defeated with a hug, kiss, drink and retuck back into bed.  In his second encounter at 5:00 a.m., he was met with my harsh words before I even knew the reason for his interruption of my dream world ... "I'm wet and cold" he stated in defeat.  Regrettably, I snuggled him in my arms offering, "I'm sorry" as a token of my choosing flesh.  The next day, everything seemed to be going right, positive and good ... it was easy to feel surrounded by the supernatural.  Among these victories, we got our washer back with the promise of our van tomorrow.  I returned home ready to dive into the deep, smelly abyss of a weeks worth of laundry only to find our laundry room completely covered with construction dust! Without hesitation, my flesh reared it's ugly head like a scene from Godzilla.  The workers were working and didn't clean up after themselves.  Choosing to recognize the supernatural instead of giving place to the flesh is no joke!  

Laundry room cleaned, supper served, mighty men tucked in bed and multiple loads of laundry later ... I settled into my thoughts and how simple disruptions of my ideal causes my flesh to brake dance all over my supernatural peace.  The next morning Father lead me to the parable of the Ten Virgins and thus opening the eyes of my heart to my aforementioned question.  One needs to be prepared and ready.  My flesh is flesh, it needs dying to for the supernatural to be victorious ... However, that doesn't just happen, I need the oil of His Spirit.  Facing the changes in these next few months with a small amount of oil in my lamp will certainly result in my flesh snuffing out the wick.  Therefore, I need to prepare by keeping my oil full, (a.k.a. communing with Father, thinking on things that  are excellent or praiseworthy, choosing to trust instead of worry ... you get the picture) ... In being prepared with a full lamp and oil chamber, I will be choosing to live in the supernatural and that flesh can just waltz on out of the way. 

Listo ... Ready ... Give me oil in my lamp, keep me burnin'

Life on the Mountain
This week was all about preparation ... Preparing for the start of Vida220 today as we welcome 31 new students ... Preparing for home leave ... Always be prepared by teaching basic first aid to co-op high schoolers: you never know when the drivers of a snack delivery truck might be robbed at gun point outside your large gate and they need your phone to call for help as they are bleeding profusely from the gash on their face ... Being prepared by brushing my teeth before I rushed out the door to an early morning medical emergency that resulted in rushing to the ER ending with emergency surgery for a perforated appendix ... Crock pot Chicken corn noodle soup and home made bread prepared the day before because that's the kind of week it's been ... Death, life and cheering the Eagles onto victory ... Being prepared, living in the supernatural while surrounded by the flesh.

Praises
31 students, 6 leaders, 4 Vida220 leadership team, from 7 different nations, listo, ready
Helpful advice from Dr Carla at Clinica Cedcas
Hospital Clinica Biblica, exceptional care as they patiently answered my multitude of questions
Thanking Father for Osny's life, as he recovers from a ruptured appendix
Exec. leadership team all back in one place
Repaired washer
The gift of Martha's friendship and how she opens her heart to me

Prayers
To choose love and put each other's needs above our own
Complete healing and quick recovery for Osny
Next steps for VidaNet, Father show us Your plan
Job opportunity for Micah on our home leave
Physical healing for bronchitis, allergies, migraines
Partners to financially support us in the work Father has called us to in Costa Rica emm.org/donate
"Set a fire down in my soul that I can't contain that I can't control ... I want more of You God!"

Two layer chocolate chip cake, with chocolate icing ...
made from scratch! ...
"Mom, this is easy!"

Classroom filled with Father's spirit ...
waiting for hungry hearts to be filled with His love!


No comments:

Post a Comment