Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, October 13, 2019

A Seed of Hope

I'm ready for home leave.  For those of you who have heard my heart, that in itself is a miraculous
Coconut lemonade ... my new favorite ...
Anticipating rest for our souls! 
statement!  Up until a week ago I was basically dreading this necessary 'thing' we've been processing for the last 6+ months.  It feels overwhelming to relocate for 12 weeks, establish yet another routine, say hello and good bye again and again and then, resettle back home in Costa Rica just in time to start a new school year.  I've processed, talked about and asked you all to pray ... This past week, Father graciously planted a seed of hope, excitement and anticipation in my weary soul for our time in the States.  The fact of the matter is, I'm SO excited to hug and reconnect with you all, share my heart in English, enjoy the colors of fall, indulge my taste buds with the delicacy of peppermint mocha creamer and ... quite simply, our souls need refreshed.

Monday and Tuesday usually leave me with tense shoulders, occasional headaches and I've found myself wanting these days to be over before the week even begins.  With this realization came the simple acknowledgement that I need to regroup, be refreshed and rest.  These last two weeks I've juggled schedules, diagnosed their ailments, made connections to have a plan in place, planned and thought about what I need to say for each scenario and wiped a uncanny amount of snotty noses ... (Can these colds and allergies just stop already!) In the midst of these two weeks, as I've been teaching Katerine, Meli and Delmys how to 'do what I do' I started to feel a releasing in my spirit.  Along side this releasing, feelings of acceptance toward our home leave were beginning to sprout!

As this sprouting acceptance tucked me into bed one evening, I found myself indulging in the positive aspects of home leave.  Tears woke my soul the next morning with a desperate longing for my Saviors embrace to free me from this angst and let me know peace ...  In those sacred moments that followed, Father tenderly whispered this declaration to my spirit ...  "My presence will go with you and I will give you rest." (Exodus 33:14) ... And with that, He planted the seed of hope.  It made me almost giddy with anticipation as I contemplated resting, unscathed in the cleft of The Rock, while the storm of transition rages around me.  I witnessed the glorious feeling of my mind unwinding and finding the peace of simply being in HIS presence surrounded by Autumn's grandeur.  He enlightened my senses to smell the sweetness of receiving an infilling that can only come by completely resting in His everlasting arms.  In my mind, I'm there, waiting in breathless anticipation to experience the refreshing wind as HIS glory passes by, consuming my weariness, breathing new life to my spirit that leaves me feeling like I'm touching the doorpost of the Pearly Gates.  Sound inviting?  Would you care to join me in the cleft of The Rock?  His presence is waiting! ... And, I may even be convinced to share my peppermint mocha creamer! 

Nestled in Him ... Refreshing wind ... Rest for my soul

Life on the Mountain
Plans and preparations, T-minus 2 weeks ... Figuring out school snacks, costumes and exams leave me feeling like the dream "where I can't find my H.S. locker" ... Heart connections and laughing with a sister ... Sharing life, laughter and dreaming with friends from home who moved to Costa Rica ... Lots of birthday's to celebrate ... Heart to heart with our older two ...  Date night ... Looking forward to rest, reconnecting and refreshment!

Praises
Seed of Hope
Anticipation of rest
Church connections in the States, Father knows our needs
Nellie's simple obedience to Father's voice is growing our church family
Celebrating 15 years of Joseph's life (Monday)
Adam's tooth finally came out!

Prayers 
Pray for miraculous healing on a friends marriage
Complete healing for Osny, emergency appendectomy and secondary infection
Pray for Jedi's heart as he says good bye to friends in CR that won't be here when we return
Wisdom on balancing rest and re-connections 
October 26, we fly to PA
Financial partners for our return to CR  emm.org/donate


Dia de Cultura ... representing France!

First Aid class, getting creative making splints 
"with their environment"!

Don't use the stinging nettles!!

"My turn to play with Declan" ... Love this little man!

All creatures great and small ...
Just please don't let them in our house! 

"The things they do for love"!!!
Feeling so loved by this crew ...
550 envelopes stuffed, sealed and stamped!
Coming your way ...

Recording studio ...
Helping native Spanish speakers learn English!

When the cook has a birthday ...
You buy cake!


New friends from old places ...

FINALLY!!! 
This loose tooth was the culprit of many tears and
thankfully has made its exit!

Letting go, nestled in the cleft of The Rock and feasting on His banqueting table set for me ...

My presence will go with you and I will give you rest...


1 comment:

  1. You are in our prayers. I'm sure saying good bye n hello over and over again can be hard. May you feel His love, mercy and peace.

    ReplyDelete