Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Monday, March 30, 2020

Attention!

I've been struck by how many items have the name Corona.
Four Crowns
I'll spare you the mental list I've been drumming up at 3 a.m.  A crown/corona is something that surrounds, halo like. These four items are a simple representation of the coronas competing for my attention on a daily basis.  The oil represents cooking and household duties, the pineapple represents food and is included simply because we eat it everyday, my silver crown ring I've worn for years as a sweet reminder that I wear a princess crown because my Father is The King and, the obvious, COVID-19 (Corona Virus).  If there were some form of a crown to represent homeschooling, that would be pictured as well ... perhaps in this representation, I should have used a picture of Corona, the alcoholic beverage! ... Oh for the love, seriously, the substance has never crossed my lips!

The question Father is asking me this week is plain and simple ... What Crown/Corona is getting the majority of my attention?  If the Ring was the chosen attention getter, it would indicate my ability to  "Cast all my care on Him for He is caring for me."  ... Sadly, the Oil has not received much of my attention as I grumble and complain because things are never put back where they belong, this bathroom smells atrocious and could this floor possibly look any dirtier? ... The Pina, is getting a lot of my attention, and would indicate the obsession and the feeling that I need to stockpile and plan a months worth of grocery shopping for the home front and ministry ... If the covid-19 is getting the majority of my attention, I would be living in fear and completely neglecting the aforementioned crowns.  As I testified last blog, I am social distancing from fear.  That's not to say I haven't been enticed by it's flattery to partake in the depths of it's unknown.  Anxiety levels have been high but God's grace has been higher!  

I was reminded today in a message from Adam's teacher ... 2 Timothy 1:7 For God did not give us a spirit of fear but rather a spirit of of power, love and sound mind (self-discipline).  Could this possibly say ... "For I will not give obsessive, compulsive attention to the corona virus but rather I will give attention to The Ring, The Pina and The Oil" ... Of course He's chuckling, can you see Him? He is the One who has given me this creative, imaginative mind and HE is the One who has told me that "I speak with wisdom and faithful instruction is on my tongue" ... Hear my heart, the challenge is to give attention where attention is due. 

Aligning my crowns ... Listening for His voice ... Where is my attention? 

Life on the Mountain
Doing our best to stay home ... quarantined with 12 other people behind the big black gate ... Joseph got his cast off ... school work checked off ... puzzles, irritable attitudes, games, short tempers, movies, unkind words, walks and learning how to give complete attention the most important Corona. This is what life is made of ...

Praises
Joseph's arm is healing and no surgery needed
Friday afternoon came and school assignments were all checked off
We are healthy
God ordained conversation with our neighbors, He loves them SO much and He is touching their hearts
Our residency paperwork was submitted before things began closing

Prayers
Continue to pray for a miracle in our neighbors marriage, there have been attempts to bring healing
Wisdom on how much to interact with outside
To know a balance in how to spend our time
Maintaining routine when we're out of routine 
To teach these little neighbor boys Jesus' love and that it would spread to their families
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 ... Giving attention to The Crown

What to do with left over ice cream? ...
Make brownies and invite the neighbors!

Yes we did! ... We made a homemade mask ...
We needed bigger rubber bands to avoid having Monkey ears! 

No, we're not robbing the hospital ...
Just taking precautionary measures!
 

The moment of liberty ...
No more excuses for dish duty!




Hard at work ... He is doing an amazing job and being very disciplined to get his work done!
If only all the work was this easy ... 
"Mama, how much more homework do I have?"


Yes it's green, yes it's a smoothie,
NO it's not for children's consumption! : ) ...
Trying a new detox strategy for joint stiffness!

Phys Ed warm up exercises ... the fun is yet to come!
Baby shark do do do do do do ...

Quarantine breakfast of champions ...
When everyone sleeps in on Saturday morning,
Mama makes tortillas! 

It feels a bit like Christmas ... Wish we had more puzzles!

Fried chicken, candle light and a quiet house ...
Thanks again Liz, Manu and Declan for inviting the boys over!

Sunday night family night ...
Awaiting snacks and The Chosen episode #1 ...
Dinner and a movie









No comments:

Post a Comment