Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Through His Eyes

Recharging with friends and ice cream!
Can you imagine a vast army surrounding you? You're in the heat of battle, the enemy is advancing on every side, as you glance around with physical eyes it seems all hope is lost.  Even so, there is a peace that settles deep in your soul and there's a knowing ...  "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them."  These last two weeks I've had this thought constantly on my mind.  I'm sure I read it somewhere which planted the seed to ask Father to open my eyes to see "Those who are with us."

I get this image of heavenly hosts forming circles around me, with superhero stance they thwart off the enemy's attack of self doubt and anxious thought, they lift me over a deep ravine of fear waiting to swallow me, they put a guard on my mouth to speak words of life rather than words that destroy, they whisper wisdom in my ear and encourage me to speak with authority to those who are in my care, they dry the tears of desperation that threaten to ruin my day, they are that gut instinct to know what to do in a situation that is beyond my scope of practice, they tuck me in at night with the soft melody as they sing peace over my restless soul, they rejoice with me as a new hope is rising in the depths of his soul, they speak with wisdom and faithful instruction is on their tongue so that I know just what to do when uncertainty surrounds me ... they sort, repack and move boxes, build porches, tables, stairs, library shelves, hoop buildings, they rescue me with a set of keys when mine are locked inside, they write necessary legal documents that I have no understanding of, they gently wrap a broken bone with assurance it will heal quickly, they affirm my calling with 'do whatever it takes to make this process happen', they share their heart and tears with me over lost hopes and dreams and celebrate Father's goodness in the next breath, they clean my floors and bathrooms and make me laugh when stress paints like make-up on my face, they take me out to dinner at the end of a long full week and they remind me to keep my focus on Him, The One who unlatches my spiritual eyes to see "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them."

It's easy to have a deep peace and 'see' this when things go according to plan.  However, when it doesn't, can I still hold fast to this truth?  When it doesn't, does it mean those who are with them are winning?  On the contrary, this knowing, trusting and believing needs to come daily by faith (eyes to believe when I don't see it).  It's not about building up a reserve ... you know, 7 good years of sweet fellowship with 'those with us' so that we're ready to stand boldly during the 7 destitute years when it seems those with them are more ...  It needs to be a daily knowing, believing and being washed in His mercies that are new every morning even when it doesn't feel like things are going according to the plan.  I would like to say otherwise, but I've not mastered this yet.  My vision still gets obscured by the grey clouds of  "why did this have to happen and what am I going to do with this." However, in those hiding place moments ... He sweetly whispers to my soul things similar to the list compiled above, then He turns me, broad shouldered, to boldly face 'the world' and with a pat on my back side, He opens my eyes to see that vast army standing with us.

Seeing through His eyes ... We are more than them ... Do you rest in this peace?

Praises
Wisdom from Father when we don't have answers
Positive changes in the way we communicate as hubby and wifey
Marriage classes at church confirm and challenge us to keep doing and change
Learning how to do Family devotions with a 10 year age span
Excellent medical care
Doctor friends who share their wisdom
Friends and confidants to help us with residency paperwork
Positive changes in our neighbors marriage, please keep praying!
Each one of YOU who are more with us than those with them!

Prayers
Quick healing for Joseph's broken arm
Parenting Jedidiah
Acceptance of our paperwork as we submit it for residency this week
Friendship to deepen and grow between J & J
Neighbors marriage, for his heart to desire deeper communication and work through their differences
Vida220 Honduras base training starting this month
Parenting 4 different personalities
For us to see through HIS eyes and know those who are with us are more!

Life on the Mountain
A lot of activity in these two weeks ... Normal days work and the unexpected thrown in there to keep life exciting, isn't that what life with Father is all about? ... A few work teams blessed us with blood, sweat and lots of hard work ... El Nido has a neatly organized, new home at Casa VidaNet thanks to this work team ... Heart to hearts with neighbors, there's always extra minutes in our day and life because of these ... A week of intensive Perspectives training for 30 Central Am. pastors, Father open their eyes to see Your desire for Missions ... Ice cream with friends and school routine to keep us grounded ... Feeling encouraged by the vast army that surrounds us, THANK YOU for standing with us!
My Baby ... Adam's graduation from Prepa to First Grade  
 
Adam entertaining Declan or Declan entertaining Adam ...
Adam gets to be a big brother ... These two are best buddies


Work Projects from the work team ... 

El Nido donations ... this is a dream come true! 

New patio adding to the peace of these rocking chairs ...

Some of "Those who are with us"

Ruined for the ordinary ...
COKE with Coffee ...
It's delicious! 

Helping mom get the job done so we can go home! 

"Mom, you shouldn't lift this, I'll carry it!"

Drinking his ice cream out of his cone ...
He ordered a side of M&M's to go with this : ) 

*Warning, this blog has more photos of Joseph than he thinks is necessary ... 
Ultimate Football came to an unwanted end ...
Broken arm, cast for a month, off in time to swim at El Tule in April!

Soccer Saturday is the best with these three amigos! ...
They would spend every waking moment together if they could ...
The joy of sharing life behind the big black gate!

Playing Rook with one hand ...
Adam graciously shared his card holder!
Showering ... Tucking into bed ...
"Mom, I'm 15, I can do things myself!"


When you need to take it easy and rest ...
Reading books to Declan is the perfect way to do so!
"I do know that it won't be any picnic, for the Holy Spirit has let me know repeatedly and clearly that there are hard times and imprisonment ahead. But that matters little. What matters most to me is to finish what God started: the job the Master Jesus gave me of letting everyone I meet know all about this incredibly extravagant generosity of God."
Acts 20:24 (msg) 

1 comment:

  1. 2 Kings 6:16
    And he answered, “Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them!”

    ReplyDelete